Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam works in 14 countries in Asia and has a diverse portfolio of work which includes development, humanitarian and policy and campaigns.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam International is looking for a CLV Director who is responsible and accountable for the strategic direction and effective management of the Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam sub-regional programme. The CLV Director will implement the Oxfam 2030 Vision and lead the transition of the three Mekong country programmes to one sub-regional programme. This vision aims to create a stronger Oxfam that is globally coordinated and relevant in every location in which we work.
Oxfam currently works in Asia in 14 countries and has commenced a process of reorganising how it operates in Asia by exploring new business models including clustering Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam countries. This CLV Cluster transition process is expected to take place in the financial year 2021/2022 and the CLV Director will lead this process. Core responsibilities are:
- Overall leadership of the Cluster strategy and Leadership Team and supporting the teams and partners to deliver impactful and strategically aligned programmes.
- Lead the 2021 Cluster transition process in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam and support the Cluster Leadership Team in the process of change.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
Our strategic levers for change are:
- Rights and justice in a digital age: Ensuring data, technology and innovation-based change builds equality and reduces poverty in Asia
- The private sector: Ensuring the Asian private sector adopts inclusive and responsible business policies and practices and that together we maximise impact in humanitarian crises
- Thought leadership: Transitioning into a knowledge-based organisation and thought leader in Asia
- Partnerships: Working differently and better with others
- Building One Oxfam in Asia: Clearing internal organisational chokepoints
Across the region, Oxfam implements its programs by working in partnership with civil society organisations, the private sector and government, providing humanitarian support and implementing a range of support processes including institutional strengthening, project funding and facilitating issue-based networks.
Oxfam’s Executive Board has decided to reposition its footprint using our influencing approach strategically, looking for ways to adjust Oxfam’s role and model of presence to be relevant and have more profound impact this includes clustering Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.
Please see the Job Description for further details.
What we’re looking for
The CLV Director will contribute to and implement our One Asia Strategy Framework and Oxfam’s Global strategy, and with the CLV Cluster Leadership Team supports vision and strategic direction to all of Oxfam’s work in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. This includes Oxfam’s long term development and humanitarian response, advocacy, policy and influencing at the sub-regional level.
As part of the CLV Cluster Leadership Team the CLV Director will be responsible and accountable for the strategic direction and effective management of three Mekong Country Offices, ensuring development, continued improvement in quality and impact, and effective financial and human resource management in line with Oxfam policy.
The CLV Cluster is newly created as part of the Oxfam global change process and the CLV Director will be responsible for ensuring the transition to an effective and high performing Cluster ensuring maximum synergy and a high level of collective and individual performance of the three country programmes.
What we offer
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment – as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career. Oxfam is committed to providing a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment.
Key Selection Criteria
- Significant senior leadership experience of managing and motivating, multi-disciplinary, multicultural, and geographically remote and matrix-managed teams.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the politics, economics and political context within the Mekong, enabling the effective management of strategy, programming and risk.
- A track record of achieving impact in the development and management of multi-country, large scale, impactful, high quality and innovative development, influencing and humanitarian programming.
- Significant experience leading and managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and geographical areas.
- Proven track record of multi-country business development and fundraising, with extensive knowledge of Oxfam major institutional donors.
- Demonstrated commitment to feminist leadership principles and previous success in creating a distributed leadership culture and approach.
- Strong business operations management experience including compliance to organisational and donors’ policies and sound finance management.
- Experience of managing security, risk and legal compliance particularly in repressed working environment.
- High level written and spoken English communication skills. (Relevant Mekong language is an advantage).
- Proven track record of making sound judgments in uncertain and pressurised situations. Including feminist and local crisis management leadership.
How to apply
If you believe your qualifications meet the requirements, please click on the “Apply” button to start the application process.
Please outline in your cover letter how your skills and experience meet the essential criteria of the role.
Our commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Please note that Oxfam International participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Processes within the Humanitarian and Development Sector. Under this scheme, if you have been employed by another member of the scheme, we will request information from that organization on any misconduct history in accordance with the terms of the scheme. For scheme details please click here
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Oxfam International is unable to guarantee the obtaining of a work permit for the role. Candidates must have and be able to retain the legal right to work.
Please click here to view further information, Job Description and to applyCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021The Consulate General of the Netherlands
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi