- Title: Youth Engagement & Campaign Coordinator
- Functional Area: Influencing, Communications & Campaign
Organisation Name: Plan International
Application Deadline: Sat, 2023-11-25
BackgroundPlan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights, with a special focus on equality for girls. Plan International has over 80 years experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world. Plan International has been working in northern and central Vietnam since 1993. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to start life and grow up physically and mentally healthy and as adolescents so they are leading the way to shape their own future. We believe girls have the power to change the world. Our ambition is to work alongside them and together take action so that 2 million girls in Vietnam can learn, lead, decide and thrive by 2022.
Plan international commit to hold ourselves to account for ensuring that no child or young person is harmed, or placed at risk of harm, as a result of their association with us. Our policy governs the behaviours of Plan staff, associates and visitors to behave appropriately with all people, in all their diversity, ensures that we specifically minimise risks to girls, boys, children and young people in all their diversity and that we report on and respond to any concerns appropriately putting the rights, needs and wishes of the survivor at the forefront.Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion
Accountability1. Campaigns Coordination:
- Share good campaign ideas, activities, and materials, and contribute to ensure that there is an unified message across global/regional campaigns.
- Assist regional and work with consultants and other campaigners, on the development of appropriate campaign communications materials, including timely actions to support agreed objectives, and editing documents where required.
- Support the preparation of campaigning guidelines in APAC region while offering assistance and recommendations in relation to key campaigning issues to colleagues in the region and countries.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of capacity building initiatives, including training, in support of the campaign within APAC region.
- Establish and maintain contacts with counterparts within Plan International and likeminded organizations in order to share information and discuss strategies on Plan International’s campaign roll out in APAC region.
- Handle inquiries coming from COs, NOs and the public, as appropriate.
- Serve as an internal support and connector for staff supporting campaign across multiple reporting lines and work streams;
- Work with colleagues on fundraising for campaign
- Raise Plan International’s profile in APAC region through quality production and dissemination of corporate materials, including brochures, flyers, banners, marketing films.
- Support regional team on how best to communicate and share knowledge within their network through the development of engaging content, including stories, images, videos and graphics.
- Assist with design, layout, photographic and video editing, as required.
- Ensure correct use of corporate identity and branding materials.
- Ensure that Plan International Safeguarding policy is applied in all communications work.
- Establish, organize and manage youth models working on national, regional and global campaign (Eg. Young Campaigner Core Group, Global Young Influencer Group, Global Youth Reference Group etc.)
- Coordinate the mobilization of young people from Country Offices across the region to participate in events, conferences, meetings at all levels.
- Develop their skills via representation in workshops, stories telling, youth-led researches, social media and multimedia tools, ensure that their voices and products are promoted by Plan. This includes support child-friendly technical trainings and network on film production, photography, social media and communications initiatives at both regional and national level.
- Replicate the regional Youth Reporters model regional wide.
- Establish and operate APAC Regional Youth Advisory Committee, ensuring the inclusivity and representation of young people across the region
- Coordinate the Regional Youth Engagement Advisor (RYEA!) group (including staff working on Youth Engagement across the region) to support meaningful participation of young people in Plan’s campaigning and advocacy.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge1. Essential
- Bachelor degree in related fields (communications, marketing, journalism).
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience working as a professional communicator and/or campaigner
- Experience in working with young people or working in youth networks.
- Experience in dealing with the media, event management, public relation and both online and offline campaigning.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Good graphic design skills for online and printed products (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator...).
- Strong commitment to raise the profile of issues affecting children and their families in communities affected poverty.
- Strong organisational abilities; able to prioritise and manage different projects across diverse themes despite competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of press and PR (experience in work in the development sector would be particularly advantageous).
- Strong experience in outcomes-focused strategic communications and planning across the spectrum of media formats and genres
- Ability to work in multiple different cultural contexts and deliver to tight deadline
- Exceptional interpersonal communications, digital and writing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Facilitation, Coaching and training, including ability to design and conduct meetings, trainings and related activities. Ability to communicate with youth and children in a positive and non-threatening way, creating space for them to share their views and feel heard
- Analytical and problem solving
- Conflict management
- Budgeting and financial management
- Excellent office computer software
- Previous experience with INGO working in mountainous, ethnic areas and marginalized people is an advantage
- Previous experience working with youth groups is preferred
- Knowledge of gender transformative and feminist leadership
- Willing to learn and change toward better, result orientated mid set
Additional informationFor more information about Plan International Vietnam please visit our website http://plan-international.org
or contact Human Resources Department at address 6th floor, Capital Building, 58c Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, HanoiWe are looking for experienced, qualified and motivated Vietnamese candidates who are committed to working long-term for the following position with attached TOR. Please send your application and CV to below e-mail address.
- Position: Campaign & Youth Engagement Coordinator
- Working location: Hanoi
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 25th November 2023
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer