Location: Ha Noi / Ho Chi Minh City
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for 01 Campaigns, Advocacy and Footprint Communications Manager, based in Ha Noi or Ho Chi Minh City (Coms 2)
The Campaigns, Advocacy and Footprint Communications Manager will enable WWF-Viet Nam to grow in strength and influence by leading the development and implementation of well defined, engaging national communications campaign and advocacy strategies to establish a trusted, strong and influential Vietnamese conservation identity, recognised and supported by priority audiences, partners and donors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, coordinate, develop and execute communications strategy and work plans for Footprint/Sustainable development prgrammes of WWF-Viet Nam
- Lead the design and delivery of WWF’s national and global conservation-focused Social Behavious Change Communications Campaigns, including implementation of work plans, coordination with Network Offices and key departments in the secretariat; including but not limited to: Earth Hour, New Deal for Nature and People, Closing Down Asia’s Wildlife markets/Ivory HII, COVID Advocacy and Illegal Wildlife Trade, green circular economic recovery
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines with strong links to conservation, communications and policy in a global environment
- Collaborate closely with the core communications team (officer, associate, coordinator) and act as the central focal point for programme communications focal points or managers/officers, Interns, external communications consultants, third-party vendors etc. in producing communications content under programmes work plans
- An advanced university degree in Communications, Advocacy, Film/TV, Marketing, Journalism, Environmental Law or any other relevant field.
- At least 7+ years’ professional experience in a leadership role within communications, campaigns and/or advocacy, with demonstrated success in growing capacity, managing teams and working with informal reporting lines
- Experience leading and participating in multi-disciplinary teams and building consensus, optimism and confidence in the face of challenges and pressure; charting new territory for the organization
- Collaborative, innovative campaigner driven toward solution centered campaign management
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
How to apply
The detailed terms of references are attached to this email. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
For external candidates outside the WWF network, please send your applications to email@example.com stating in the subject line: Coms 2 - Full name
The deadline is Oct 14th, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."
Organisation Name: WWF
Location: Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh
Application Deadline: Thu, 2021-10-14
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)