The Vietnam Red Cross seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years, the Vietnam Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities”
Date of issue: 20-07-2021
Closing date: 30-07-2021
Duty station: Hanoi
Country: VIET NAM
Duty station: Vietnam Red Cross, 82 Nguyen Du, Hanoi
Duration: 2 months with possibility of extension
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: To be determined
Vacancy No: VNRC072021
VNRC is implementing the USAID/BHA-funded project “Emergency Assistance to people affected by floods, landslides, and storms in Central Vietnam” to support local people in the Central coastal provinces with emergency assistance.
Based on the impact of the disaster, the identified urgent needs, and the capacity of its branches in the affected areas, VNRC is targeting the most vulnerable poor households that have been severely affected by the floods. While lost livelihood and houses severely damaged will be considered the most important criteria for selecting people to receive cash assistance, the following criteria will be taken into account during prioritization. Four provinces are Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, and Thua Thien Hue.
This project seeks to deliver assistance to and support the immediate and early recovery needs of 4,700 households (14,550 people) for nine months, focusing on the following areas of strategies of implementation: Shelter, ERMS, and MPCA.
The Project Officer’s overall task is to support the Project Manager in managing the progress and quality of the projects. She/he manages the budget of the assigned projects, ensuring the deliverables of such projects within the specific timeline and with high quality. VNRC’s and related donors’ policies applied for the projects in charge must be fully complied.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement activities of the projects in charge according to the approved work plan and budget
• Manage the project spending, submit, monitor, and report to the line manager regularly
• Participate in identifying potential issues and actors for advocacy managers regularly
• Participate in identifying potential issues and actors for advocacy works
• Contribute to policy briefs and media strategies that inform stakeholders about the projects and organize advocacy events and campaigns to advocate for the replication of projects results/impacts
• Maintain at least five news per year for VNRC’s website and social media pages
• Actively engage existing and potential advocacy partners (legislation and government agencies) for the government to change its policy to include well-grounded evidence and good practices generated under projects work
• Communicate VNRC’s stand and position on issues related to project work to the ‘public’, CSOs, media, academia, community, and authorities through timely releases of position statements, policy briefs, research reports, and other essential publications.
• Contribute to developing, implementing, and monitoring VNRC’s partnership strategy and plans.
• Participate in identifying and initiating strategic networks, alliances, and partnerships with government agencies, local right programs, academic and research institutions, etc.
• Contribute to developing productive partnerships with existing and potential partners to collaborate on delivering projects work.
• Collaborate and exchange information with partners and report on their performance periodically; ensure adequate information flow and communication with stakeholders, including partners and international teams
• Provide annual planning and budgeting guidance to partners according to the guidelines from the annual planning team and the related functions. • Work as part of the VNRC’s Operation team, provide cover and backup support as needed.
• Assist in proposal writing and grant management as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
• Bachelor degree in political, social science, economics, development, or international studies
• Red Cross Red Crescent Movement related training desired
• At least five years of humanitarian work experience of the projects and community development
• Outstanding analytical skills with a strong background in fundamental research
• Excellent management of competing priorities and work under pressure
• Fluency in written and spoken English and native/national language
• Outstanding Program/project design and program cycle management and coordination skills
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
• Lead workshops, meetings, and presentations; excellent presentation, communications, and negotiation
• Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management projects and activities, especially population movements
• Work experience with RC/RC
• Experience in project cycle management, including proposal development, budgeting, and reporting, monitoring, and evaluation
• Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
Knowledge, skills, and languages
• Practical teamwork and project management skills
• Ability to work well in a multicultural team
• Excellent stress management skills
• Demonstrated accountability
• Good command and use of software and applications on data collection and analysis.
• Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
Competencies and values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
- Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The Project Officer will be under contract with Viet Nam Red Cross.
Vietnam Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and a cover letter containing the name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Position_Fullname by CoB on 30th July 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia