- Workplace: Hanoi, with domestic travels
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Reports to: Project Coordinator
The Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment (C&E) is a Vietnamese non-governmental organization established in 2008. C&E works on promoting the participation of and improving the capacity of local community groups and organizations for better solutions to environmental issues closely related to their life, contributing to the development of civil society and a sustainable environment in Vietnam.
Previously, C&E focused heavily on activities related to promoting the development of local communities, ethnic minorities, environmental protection education, and communication on sustainable development. Recently, C&E focused on projects on Ecological Lifestyle and Social-Ecological Transformation.
C&E envisages the future of Vietnam in which grassroots communities and organizations actively participate in solutions to environmental problems, sustainable use of natural resources, and maintenance of sustainable life for themselves. With the belief that no one can work out better solutions to local problems than the locals, C&E emphasizes the role of the local communities and authorities in the projects.
C&E embraces the mission to support local communities, community-based organizations, and civil society organizations in the formulation and implementation of locally sustainable initiatives to protect the environment, manage natural resources and promote sustainable development.
A. POSITION TITLE: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
1. Job Summary:
C&E Center has started the project about the Social-ecological transformation (SET) mainly targeting local people, communities and organizations which can be categorized into the youth and ethnic minority groups via collective actions by local actors and networks of youth, schools, communities, the private sector and the Government of Vietnam.
This position is expected to ensure good collaboration and coordination with the project team and other partners while ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of the project's contribution to achieving the C&E centre’s objectives, mission and vision. It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live the following core values of the organization.
2. Key Responsibility & Tasks
a) Youth Initiatives coordination and Network development
- Connect and facilitate, encourage local communities, youth and schools and universities to develop and promote sustainable initiatives (environment, education, green living, etc.)
- Develop and maintain regular contact and network with youth organizations, schools and universities, to promote learning, sharing and action.
- Mobilize and coordinate grants and other funding for youth & school initiatives to ensure transparency, participation and good practices
- Mobilize ideas, inputs from team members, other colleagues and volunteers to develop initiatives, programs:
- Desk review, map and regularly update youth organizations and initiatives
- Brainstorm and collect diverse and creative ideas, inputs for any activity and program development
- Update, select and propose feasible and effective ideas for the relevant activity, program development
- Consult for technical quality and long-term development with senior staff
- Update regularly (monthly, quarterly, yearly) about youths’ environmental activities to the whole network (to show on website, meetings, events), using technology platforms as well as direct meetings.
- Worked with youth to coordinate youth-led events such as regular network meetings, workshops, forums, campaigns, etc. with prior-during and after event activities.
- Study and keep updated with the needs, aspirations and characteristics of youths to cooperate with other colleagues to support youth network development, from website/materials development to events facilitation.
b) Provide technical assistance, develop and deliver education programs
- Mobilize ideas, inputs from team members, other colleagues and volunteers to develop initiatives, programs in environmental education and child/youth development:
- Brainstorm and collect diverse and creative ideas, inputs for any activity and program development;
- Update, select and propose feasible and effective ideas for the relevant activity, program development;
- Consult for technical quality and long-term development with senior staff;
- Collaborate with other colleagues and volunteers to assess and identify education and training needs from target audiences;
- Support to develop of suitable education and communication materials, events and programs;
- Support the organization of relevant events, from prior-event activities to logistics arrangement;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation for events and programs as well as follow-up activities to ensure the change in awareness and action in sustainability; and
- Liaise and cooperate closely with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of the project/program/activities
- Think creatively and out-of-the-box about new ways to promote learning and actions for sustainability as C&E Center’s mission;
c) Administration Assistance
- Assist with general administrative tasks, including all kinds of liaison and communication with external agencies and individuals;
- Assist with bookkeeping: keep a record of the organization's financial transactions and bank balances records up-to-date and accurate following relevant policies and procedures.
- Contribute to building a living-learning–sharing culture with good practices at C&E Center
d) Other duties and responsibilities:
Monitoring and teamwork:
- Weekly update with Project Coordinator and other team members about progress, which outputs/field of tasks that the position and others are working on. Ensure weekly meetings with the team members.
- A monthly update on the work plan, results and progress. Based on: projects documents, implementation work plan, monitoring sheets and budget reports (if available).
- Event update on the progress, and results (within 1 week).
- Proactively seek coaching/support from managers and specialists.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in science, socio, environment, education or related fields
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in environment, education, children/youth development or relevant work.
- A deep passion for environmental sustainability and children/youth development
- Demonstrable skills in environmental education and capacity building, including the ability to collect and transfer scientific knowledge into non-academic language for children, communities and/or public audiences.
- Desired skills:
- Strong facilitation, communication and training skills
- Good social media skills
- Good networking skills with diverse stakeholders (NGOs, government, etc.)
- Enthusiastic, honest and trustworthy
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
- Ability to work in an adaptive and flexible way
- Good speaking/writing skills in English and Vietnamese
- Good computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Salary is determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications and by agreement, under the regulations of the project and sponsor.
- Other is based on the Labor Law of the State and the regulations of the organization.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested applicants should submit the below-mentioned documents:
- An updated CV
- An application letter and state why you should suitable for this job
- Contact information for at least one work-related referees
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the changing needs of development at the sole discretion of management.
Please complete the documents and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59, April 30th, 2022 (Vietnam time zone).
Note: Application form and email title should be named under: [Postion_C&E_2022]Your_name
For example: [PM_C&E_2022]Pham_Trung_Duc
For further information & contact: CLICK HERE
13/07/2022Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ tại Hà Nội
12/07/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
28/06/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact