Vietnam is a fascinating country with a tumultuous past that over the last decades has experienced rapid and impressive socio-economic development. I am proud that Denmark has been a part of that development, which goes very well in hand with the dynamics of the bilateral relationship between our two countries.
Since the establishment of diplomatic relations in 1971, Vietnam and Denmark have enjoyed strong cooperation. In particular, we have had strong and successful development cooperation for over 20 years. Today, Vietnam remains an important partner-country for the Danish government, and the main task for the Embassy in the years to come is to further strengthen our relations, not least our commercial ties.
The Embassy is inviting qualified candidates to apply for a vacant position as administrative/ financial project officer to support the Embassy counsellors in the Strategic Sector Cooperation (SSC) programme.
As administrative/financial project officer, you will work on the SSC projects, currently covering food safety, education and health. You will work in close cooperation with the Danish sector counsellors in these areas. You will assist the counsellors in administrative tasks such as handling and preparing invoices, administrating the scholarship programme and assisting them in their daily work. The position requires very good English skills and high flexibility for an optimal handling of the entire portfolio of the SSC Programme organized by Embassy.
Main tasks and responsibilities
1. Financial tasks
- Take charge of all accounting needs of the SSC projects
- Operate the accounting system “Navision" in connection with SSC projects’ transactions
- Process bank payments
- Pursue monthly/quarterly settlement of outlays and debtors’ balanc
- Issue invoice on CRM;
2. Administrative tasks
- Book hotels, transport, meeting rooms etc.
- Administer the scholarship programme (calls, applications and interviews)
- Other administrative and ad-hoc tasks (procurement etc.)
3. Project related tasks
- Assist in meetings with Vietnamese counterparts
- Translate documents and correspondence
- Facilitate the implementation of the SSC projects including organize meetings with key partners, stakeholders and project consultants
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or similar
- Working experience from carrying out similar tasks is preferable/ experience from working with projects or project organisation (NGOs or INGOs)
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese – both oral and written.
- Be accurate and conscientious with a high degree of professional ethics and personal integrity.
- Have a structured mind-set, strong planning and coordination skills, a high sense of responsibility
- Be able to work independently as well as in teams We offer
- An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment with a wide range of diverse tasks.
- A large degree of self-dependence and self-management.
- Dedicated and warm colleagues and a family friendly work environment with flexibility to organize a balanced work-family life.
Application and recruitment process
- To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and 2-3 references) in English to ‘Embassy of Denmark’ at email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked Administrative/financial Project Officer, application no later than 28th of July, 2021.
- The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability. Kindly notice that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to appointment.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Mr. Henrik Hjorth, Sector Counsellor (HEHJOR@UM.DK // +84 913 270 373) for general and administrative questions and Ms. Nguyen Hai Ha, Administrative and Finance Project Officer (nhaiha@UM.DK // +84 24 3935 2932) for questions regarding the financial tasks.
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam