Finance Analyst (Budgeting and Analysis)
In collaboration with and under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, to ensure that good financial planning is in place and provide relevant financial information for higher level decision making. Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of BVA, donor reports and other related reports. Working closely and support to budget holders to enable them to manage their budgets effectively.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The following are the main accountabilities:
- Budgeting and BvA Preparation
- Create direct DEAs and Map CAM P& Premise DEAs in cooperation with Programme team, load to the Agresso in due time and ensure the mapping to be actually effective in the sysem;
- Work with Award team in reviewing budget Fund summary before getting approval on AMS;
- Support BHs in proposal budget preparation, budget revision, ad-hoc phasing for strictly monitoring budget purpose;
- Support BHs phase budget and upload to SOF loader tool in due time for the purpose of CO forecasts and CAP;
- Provide required inputs in due time to the Master Budget (1st forecast, 2nd forecast, CAP);
- Review BvA on monthly basis with due alert on the likely under/overspending and ineligible coding transactions.
- Obtaining explanations for budget versus forecast variance in monthly CO BvA in due time
- Financial Analysis and Technical FMS support
- Run needed equiry from the Agresso and develop financial analyses which serve for the purppose of decision making;
- Play the focal point role to solve Agresso technical problems; and ensure system technical support to be provided in due time;
- Support Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager with enquiry, templates when required;
- Support Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager to provide cost structure analysis with regard but not limited to premise costs, staff costs, NT staff costs, NTC costs, NTC rate, CAM costs…
- Strictly follow up reporting deadlines for awards in charge;
- Prepare donor financial reports to ensure reporting timelines, accuracy reporting data and donor templates;
- Provide inputs to PACCOM reports.
- Staff salary and benefit calculation and allocation
- Support SFO in calculating staff final payment
- Capacity Building
- Provide training and/or technical guidance to BHs with regard to budget phasing; data extracting from Agresso, enabling them to understand reports, BvA generated from the system;
- Provide and enhance BHs’ knowledge in Finance Global projects and impacts to their BvA and donor financial reports in order to avoid negative results on their awards;
- Provide staff induction training to new staff; new BHs; team members;
- Provide partners’ training when required.
- Other tasks:
- Attend kick-off, closing award meetings as well as other award meeting issues;
- Do back up in partners’ finance visits when required;
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system of budgeting and analyst records for easy access when necessary.
- Back up Senior Finance Officer when required
- Internal: Finance&Support Services Director, Finance Manager, Senior Finance Officer, Finance Staff, Award and Programme;
- External: Government Agencies, INGOs, donors, suppliers of goods and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or equivalent subject;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years experience in financial budget management, preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organization
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese government system and international development arena
- Good financial management skill
- Have strong sence in compliance
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Good prioritization skill and ability to coordinate a variety of work activities
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Proven commitment to children rights and equality of opportunity
- Good computure, Microsoft office skills, especially excel skills
- Knowledge of Vietnam development issues and NGO networks
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to email@example.com
Closing Date for Application: 09th September, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We believe that gender equality is a basic right for all people
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross