- Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-14
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Carpentry Maintenance Worker - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 05/20/2021 - 06/03/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 1210 5
- Salary: USD $11,643
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Sat 44 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-5
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-9. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 44 hours per week
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
DutiesIncumbent of this position will work in the Facility Management Section (FAC) of the Embassy. S/he will carry out scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance and repair work on finish and interior assemblies, furnishings and fixtures in all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties. The incumbent will repair, adjust and install doors, windows, hardware, wall, ceiling and floor coverings, sunshades and blinds; fixed furnishings; painting of various surfaces; and replacement specified glazing products with required installation materials.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of building assemblies, furnishings and fixture operations is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge/ability in:
- Maintenance and repair of various building finishes and assembles, components, fixtures and furnishings utilizing carpentry and general building construction skill.
- Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of wood working and metal machines, various types of power and hand held tools that meet accepted trade practices and safety procedures.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic measuring devices and recording instruments.
- Testing procedures in control assembly tolerances, diagnose faults, determine current operating function to the design requirements, all in accordance with US and host country regulations.
- Reading and working from sketches, architectural and engineering drawings, specifications and material list.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school (Grade 12) is required and/or completion of vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with a concentration in carpentry is required.
Limited in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
- Ability to identify problems or dangers, report issues and provide solution.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
- A current driver's license (motorcycle) (Vietnamese A1 level).
- Carpentry skills (This will be tested).
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training Certificate with specialization in carpentry field. Please upload this document in "Other Document" box.
- Driver's license (motorcycle) (Vietnamese A1 level).
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank