Case Manager - Asylum Seeker Services
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Supervisor: CWS Jersey City Office Director
Languages: Fluency in English and Spanish required.
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
CWS Asylum Services, part of the Immigration and Refugee Program, provides comprehensive support to asylum seekers in the United States. This includes supporting reception at US southern border shelters, providing case management services across the US, offering remote support through the CWS Call Center, and providing legal services for asylum seekers.
The Case Manager’s primary role is to connect asylum seekers in Jersey City/New York City with community resources. Remote case management may be required due to COVID-19 considerations. Regular communication with humanitarian shelters on the US southern border will ensure effective referrals of asylum seekers planning to travel to one of those cities. The Case Manager will support the mission of the local offices to provide services while maintaining the dignity and safety of clients.
CWS seeks a motivated, flexible, service and advocacy-driven individual to serve as a Case Manager. Technical, coordination and interpersonal skill sets are required. This individual must have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and navigate challenging systems. Multi-tasking and creative problem-solving skills in a diverse environment are required. Case management or non-profit experience is preferred. Case Managers must be familiar with community resources in the city where they are based.
Case Managers will be working directly with immigrant families and will be required to complete a background check, confidentiality agreement, and training modules. Case Managers will be expected to adhere to the CWS Code of Conduct.
- Coordinate with intake coordinator to complete eligibility determination for program services.
- Complete orientation and service needs assessment for individuals and families eligible for case management services.
- Assist asylum seekers with school and ESL enrollment.
- Using service plan, identify community resources to address client basic needs and refer clients for ongoing services.
- Communicate client needs with office director and other resource generation staff.
- Coordinate with volunteers and churches to support client integration and success.
- Refer asylum seekers to legal and other community resources as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly with referral coordinators in border shelters.
- Use data management system to regularly collect data and complete case notes.
- Communicate as needed with legal and other community service providers.
- Identify and address safety and protection concerns.
- Stay informed of changing immigration policy as it relates to asylum seekers.
- Participate in regular coordination calls and trainings facilitated by CWS.
- Complete quarterly productivity and statistical reports for CWS.
- Conduct outreach to new service providers to develop new referral partnerships.
- Maintain a high standard of professional communication when communicating with external partners.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) or equivalent professional experience.
Experience: Previous work experience with asylum seekers, refugees, or asylees preferred. Case management experience required.
Other Skills: Strong computer literacy with knowledge of word processing and database applications. Ability to use standard office equipment in performing varied activities. Attention to detail. Respect of confidentiality.
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)