TERMS OF REFERENCE
Name of project: Consultancy deliver a training on Climate Change M&E and Advocacy.
Date: 10th August – 30th August
The Climate Change Working Group in Vietnam (CCWG – http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/ccwg), established in 2008, brings together INGOs, Vietnamese NGOs, development agencies, institutions, professionals and individuals to exchange ideas and to discuss 'lessons learned' on how to improve their capacity related to climate change. The network’s mission is to contribute to reducing the vulnerability of disadvantaged people in Vietnam to the impacts of climate change through NGO coordination, advocacy and capacity building to achieve environmentally and economically sustainable as well as socially just responses to climate change. For the period 2019-2023 the overall objective of CCWG is to ‘Promote inclusive Climate Action to support Vietnam in achieving the goals of the Paris Agreement.’
Strengthening the capacity of CCWG’s members on climate change response is the strategic focus of the network to enable them to deliver effective programs implementation at both national and community levels. While a number of CCWG member organizations are implementing climate change response as core activities, the internal capacity building needs assessment has identified some of the key capacity gaps that prevent them to work effectively. Capacity gaps exist particularly in terms of comprehensively understanding of monitoring and evaluation to ensure their contribution are well recognized in the implementation of climate change policies.
With this purpose, Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Vietnam and CCWG are seeking a team of consultants to develop and deliver a virtual-training for the members of the network to strengthen capacities on climate change response with the focus on Monitoring & Evaluation and Advocacy. Specific tasks are outlined below.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
The specific outputs for this assignment are:
- To provide an overview on the Vietnam National Adaptation Plan on Climate Change Response from 2021-2030 (NAP) and its M&E framework implementation with key areas for engagement of CCWG members;
- To improve capacities in monitoring & evaluating climate change-related projects and how to apply the gained knowledge in practical work;
- To share knowledge and practical experience from trainers and facilitate the organizations sharing on climate change advocacy at the grassroot and national level;
- To guide the development of an advocacy plan to enhance CSO’s role and integrate CSO’s project results into NAP implementation period 2021 – 2030.
III. HONORARIUM FEE, CONTRACT MODALITIES AND DURATION OF CONTRACT
Starting date of the contract is 6th August. It shall end no later than 30th August. The contractor will work on a freelance basis. Therefore, it is his/her responsibility to take care of necessary social insurances (health insurance, pension funds, etc.).
IV. HOW TO APPLY
Application package should include:
- Proposed training outlines and methods;
- Signed Curriculum vitaes with relevant experience to the topics.
- Consultancy cost for trainers, facilitators and technical assistants.
- Cost for virtual stationaries, tools and equipments.
- The financial proposal shall specify a total sum amount in VND.
- Training outlines and methods (45 points);
- Professional capacities: the strength of CVs, reference list of experience in similar or related projects (20 points);
- Other added value to the training (5 points).
Financial proposal: 30 points.
Applications submitted as one file with subject line “Group Consultation for Climate Change Response Training” no later than 6th August 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.orgLocation Vietnam
29/09/2021Save the Children
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children