- Announcement Number: HANOI-2023-56
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Chauffeur (GSO) - All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Open Period: 09/20/2023 - 10/04/2023
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 1015 3
- Salary: USD $9,437 /Per Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 44 hours per week.
- Promotion Potential: LE-3
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section
- 84-24-38505000/ Ext. 5136
The incumbent will receive work assignment from the Motor Pool Supervisor and/or Dispatcher. The incumbent will operate safely and efficiently an unarmored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. The incumbent will work as messenger as directed. The incumbent will maintain vehicle in clean and serviceable condition, to include cleaning the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of professional driving experience is required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the city and its environs, including driving routes and traffic patterns.
- Must be familiar with the location of hospitals, police and fire stations within the city and its immediate surroundings.
Completion of high school education (Grade 12) is required.
- Limited knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledge in speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must hold a valid Vietnamese driver’s license for passenger vehicles (Vietnamese category D driver's license or higher). This skill will be tested.
- Must have the ability to read maps and plan driving routes.
- Must have good verbal communication skills, and an ability to handle all persons with professionalism and discretion.
- Must be able to perform basic vehicle inspection and must possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills.
- Must have basic computer skills to maintain reports and for communication purposes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 132 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of this page. Position description and guidance on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
For further details about this job position, please see HERE.