Chauffeur - Open to: All Interested Applicants
02/24/2021 - 03/10/2021
Vacancy Time Zone:
LE - 1015 3
Full-time - Mon through Fri 44 hours/week
Duty Location(s): 3
in Hanoi, VM
For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-BB. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees
before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 44 hours per week
Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
May have in country travel over the weekends. Alternate as duty driver meaning a rotating shift and must be prepared for changes in routine at a moment’s notice. May work long hours of overtime during visits.
Incumbent of this position will operate safely and efficiently an unarmored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. s/he will work as messenger as directed. The incumbent will receive work assignments from the Motor Pool Supervisor and/or Dispatcher to transport State and/or other Agency personnel or cargo.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years of professional driving experience is required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the city and its environs, including driving routes and traffic patterns.
- Must be familiar with the location of hospitals, police and fire stations within the city and its immediate surroundings.
Completion of high school education (grade 12) is required.
Limited knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
- A valid driver’s license (Vietnamese category D driver's license or higher).
- Ability to read maps and plan driving routes.
- Good verbal communication skills, and an ability to handle all persons with professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to perform basic vehicle inspection and must possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site HERE
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Proof of Citizenship (Vietnamese ID)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Driver's License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
To view a current list of all available vacant positions at the U.S. Embassy the Embassy & Consulate and to apply, please visit our ERA site
Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA)
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews