Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Chief Impact Officer located globally at any existing registered Save the Children office location. This is an open -ended contract.
Save the Children is seeking a transformational development / humanitarian executive to design and launch a revamped program impact office in support of the world's largest independent NGOs for children. Taking advantage of Save the Children's vast network of program experts and global footprint, this global leader will use innovation, technology, data, and research to ensure that Save the Children stands as a state of the art institution working with children and their communities efficiently and effectively. This position will provide an unparalleled opportunity to implement the cutting-edge of development and humanitarian theory across a network of 55+ countries and 25000 staff. This includes helping Save the Children become effectively localized, data-driven, productively partnered, a powerful advocate, and to stand as one of the world's most recognized voices in the defense of the rights of every child everywhere.
This is the most senior programmatic role in Save the Children and an important leadership role in protecting the rights of children most impacted by inequality and discrimination. This role has overall accountability for the quality and impact of programmes across Save the Children – promoting programme innovaton and drawing on and contributing to the best global evidence on what works.
This role will lead organizational efforts to achieve the four goals in our 2022-24 strategy for children, working to ensure that:
- Children have a healthy start in life
- Children go safely back to school and learn
- Children live free from violence
- Children benefit from safety nets and resilient families
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education to Master’s level, with a qualification in international development, international relations, economics, management, politics, law, or a related field is desirable.
- Proven senior leadership experience in a complex global organisation
- A global leader who can speak credibly about the life of children and their communities in the countries where we work.
- A combination of technical, research, public advocacy and, local experience.
- Understands that work of development and humanitarian action can be complex and volatile.
- Experience living in a multitude of countries
- Proven experience delivering results and outputs
- Energy and drive to create change in a large complex organisation
- Experience creating and managing high-performing teams
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching – ability to work with people of all levels from CEO to junior staff and across all functions commitment to Save the Children values
- Experience engaging with both humanitarian and development donors
- A strong understanding of the technical and thematic side of programmes
- Commitment to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive technical leadership team
If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based globally in any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.Deadline 13 July 2021 Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam