Chief of Knowledge and Innovation Branch
Closing date: Friday, 4 June 2021
Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
Duty Station: NAIROBI
Organisational Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. ERSKI is responsible for strategic planning, programmatic direction and operationalization of UN-Habitat\'s focal point role for the New Urban Agenda in the UN system
The Knowledge and Innovation Branch is responsible to generate data and analysis which feeds into high-level global reporting on substantive findings
- Formulates and implements the substantive work programme of the Knowledge and Innovation Branch.
- Leads, supervises and carries out the work programme of the Knowledge and Innovation Branch.
- Co-ordinates the work carried out by different work units under the Branch/ and by other agencies and bodies of the United Nations system.
- Co-ordinates and oversees the preparation of reports for presentation to the Executive Board of the UN-Habitat Assembly, the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, Economic and Social Council, the General Assembly and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
- Reports to the Executive Board on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/ substantive issues
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the Knowledge and Innovation Branch maintain high-quality standards
- Assists the Director in preparing the work programme of the Knowledge and Innovation Branch determining priorities and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery.
- Undertakes or oversees the programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Branch
- Recruits staff, taking due account of geographical balance.
- Manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/her supervision.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among staff in the Knowledge and Innovation Branch and across organizational boundaries.
- Leads and supervises the organization of meetings, seminars, etc. on substantive issues.
- Participates in international, regional or national meetings and provides programmatic/substantive expertise
- Represents the Division at international, regional or national meetings.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of the substantive field of work in general and of specific areas being supervised. Ability to produce reports and papers on technical issues and to review and edit the work of others. Ability to apply UN rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements...
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
CREATIVITY: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs.
LEADERSHIP: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support...
VISION: Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks; clearly communicates links between the Organization\'s strategy and the work unit\'s goals
Advanced university degree (Master\'s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law, social sciences or related area is required.
A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration, logistics, financial management, budget or related field is required.
A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in urban research and analysis, policy formulation and innovation or related field is a desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other official United Nations languages is desirable.
How to apply: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1619035927298Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy