CHIEF OF PARTY/ PROGRAM MANAGER – VIETNAM
ECODIT is an international development firm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50+ countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and governance sectors. ECODIT is an equal opportunity employer, we value a collaborative working environment, and offer competitive compensation packages.
ECODIT seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Vietnam Local Capacity Development (LCD) Activity. This five-year activity will support the capacity of and engagement between sub-national government, local organizations, and other local stakeholders, leading to more transparent policymaking, effective implementation processes, and better delivery of services to Vietnamese citizens. The COP will oversee all strategic, technical, and operational aspects for the Activity, and will act as the main point of contact between USAID, ECODIT, and partner organizations. The COP will be critical to ensuring timely communication and collaboration on a range of highly complex deliverables, and ensuring timely and accurate submission of high-quality deliverables that respond to USAID’s priorities and expectations. The COP will report to ECODIT’s Home Office Project Manager in Arlington, VA and will be based in or around Hanoi, Vietnam.
Specifically, the COP will:
- Lead overall technical, financial, and administrative leadership of the Activity, ensuring that all tasks are implemented effectively and that all deliverables are submitted on time, within budget, and in compliance with applicable United States Government (USG) regulations and ECODIT policies;
- Lead the technical design and implementation of the LCD Activity, including capacity strengthening of local governments and organizations and locally-led issue identification and action;
- Provide support and guidance to local governments and organizations in planning forums and other platforms;
- Support citizens and stakeholders to have a meaningful voice on local issues, solutions, and delivery of services;
- Represent ECODIT in external fora, working groups, and engagements, as needed to facilitate program success;
- Guarantee the highest level of client satisfaction and safeguard ECODIT’s reputation in the development space;
- Integrate program management components across all activities including monitoring and evaluation; communications and outreach; procurement and grants administration; and finance and operations;
- Maintain compliance with all contract provisions over the life of the project;
- Identify and execute strategies to build viable relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID, the private sector, civil society, and other important actors;
- Liaise regularly with USAID to ensure the timely production and submission of high-quality deliverables, including regular project reports;
- Work with the ECODIT Home Office to coordinate technical and editorial review of project deliverables prior to submission to USAID;
- Oversee the accurate and timely submission to Home Office personnel of procurement documents, ensuring compliance with internal ECODIT policies and procedures, as well as client regulations;
- Supervise technical and administrative/finance personnel; and
- Perform other tasks and duties as necessary for the success of the project.
- A Masters’ Degree in International Development, International Affairs, Public Policy, Public Administration, Governance, Decentralization, Law or a related field;
- At least ten years of technical and management expertise leading and supervising projects focused on local government capacity development, civil society and civic engagement, service delivery, decentralization, climate change mitigation, natural resource management, or a related field;
- Demonstrated experience leading and supervising diverse teams for complex donor-financed projects;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Experience living and working in Vietnam or the region.
- Experience leading donor-funded activities to include managing and/or supporting USAID projects highly desirable;
- Demonstrable experience integrating gender equity and social inclusion into development projects;
- Proven experience in assembling and/or managing diverse teams to effectively execute tasks;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in a foreign language relevant to the Vietnamese context.
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English to email@example.com. Please include “Vietnam LCD COP Application” in the subject line. Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN