Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for a qualified candidate to join Indonesia Program.
- Job title: Chief of Party I
- Department: Country Programming
- Reports to: Sub Regional Country Representative
- Location: Indonesia/ Jakarta
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Job SummaryCRS is seeking highly qualified candidates for an anticipated USAID funded program aimed to improve urban climate and disaster resilience in Indonesia. This will be accomplished by supporting the Government of Indonesia (GOI); working directly with communities and the private sector; and helping key stakeholders. The program will pursue two main objectives 1) improved subnational environmental governance; and 2) private sector environmental and social sustainability in supply chains related to agriculture, forestry, and extractive industries.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction of CRS Indonesia's climate change adaptation program. The COP will lead coordination and collaboration efforts between the CRS, Government of Indonesia officials, public, private, and non-government actors to improve disaster risk reduction across Indonesia's most vulnerable cities.
- Master’s degree or other advanced degree in relevant field such as, environmental studies, climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction, or sustainable development combined with a minimum of 7 years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects is required.
- Recognized leader in climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction, or sustainable urban development, demonstrated by peer reviewed publications preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID climate change adaptation programming approaches, and/or similar experience with programs implemented by other bilateral or multilateral donors. Knowledge of disaster risk reduction is also highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of USAID operations, policies, and procedures including experience in USAID environmental, CFR and FAR regulations.
- Demonstrated experience of successful management, including management of functions of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, across many locations.
- Ability to effectively represent CRS, USAID/Indonesia and the project at high-level meetings and forums.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff, as well as experience managing programmatic and financial reporting.
- Experience working on development projects in Indonesia preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills in English and preferred in Bahasa Indonesia.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 40 %.
Agency REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff)Agency competencies clarify expected behaviors and attitudes for all staff. When demonstrated, they create an engaging workplace, help staff achieve their best, and help CRS achieve agency goals. These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability – Consistently takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Acts with Integrity - Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission. Is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust - Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others – Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn – Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Agency Leadership Competencies
- Lead Change – Continually looks for ways to improve the agency through a culture of agility, openness, and innovation.
- Develops and Recognizes Others – Builds the capacity of staff to reach their full potential and enhance team and agency performance.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands role in translating, communicating, and implementing agency strategy and team priorities.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS prioritizes candidates who are citizens/ permanent residents of the countries where we have CRS offices.CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Interested candidate/s should submit their updated CV/resume and cover letter to CRS recruitment email: email@example.com on or before September 8, 2023.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi