PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Child Protection (CP) Technical Program Officer, you are responsible for the systematic and consistent application of program approaches, program descriptions, topics, and technical models in the project management cycle to ensure the quality, progress, output and efficiency of projects for the assigned area, contributing to the reputation of the ChildFund in Vietnam’s work as a thought leader in its specialist areas of focus: child rights and child protection, education, health and wellbeing for children.
- Manage and implement the child protection project at the national level as well as working with CP teams to support ongoing projects, reports including field visits to support implementation teams, project monitoring, evaluation and making recommendations for improving project quality;
- Reporting to and maintaining good relation to ChildFund Korea and other Donors of the project;
- Maintain good partnership with different project partners including Department of Children Affairs (DOCA) - MOLISA and Vietnam Association for Children Rights Protection (VACR);
- Update the project progress monthly to Specialist Team Leader, Child Rights and Child Protection, collect data and update information on ChildFund Hive App (sale-force) regularly;
- Provide technical input for new CP proposals development;
- Contribute to knowledge management by documenting lessons learnt and sharing information with relevant stakeholders;
- Be a focal point to support CSOs/NGOs to develop Child Safeguarding Policy and procedures and conduct training for their relevant staff members; support CP Project Officers to conduct Child Safeguarding annual training for the local government partners;
- Supporting CP team in advocacy work: Participate in technical workshops/networking events that support advocacy purpose; follow-up with advocacy action plan with supervision and guidance from Specialist Team Leader, Child Rights and Child Protection;
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University qualification in relevant field related to the technical area;
- At least 5-7 years experience participating in relevant projects;
- Experience with donor-funded projects and managing development projects, programs in remote, urban or rural areas;
- Experience advocacy, technical workshop training on child protection and child rights;
- Experiences in IEC product development;
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of overall context of development activities in Vietnam as well as the latest stipulations and laws specifically related to CP;
- Understanding of living conditions in different areas of Vietnam; understanding about the national strategy on Child rights and CP;
- Experience in social work and child helpline services.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills;
- Good skills in organising and providing training;
- Excellent time management skills to perform multi-tasks at the same time and meet deadlines;
- Excellent English skills;
- Ability to engage with partners in the business sector;
- Ability to undertake detailed activities with accuracy;
- Ability to work independently to deliver ideas for work building and development;
- Good computer literacy and familiarity with software packages under Windows and E-mail.
- Competitive salary (including 13th and 14th month salary);
- 15 days of annual leave for 1st year and 20 days for 2nd year onwards;
- Flexible working time;
- Comprehensive Health Care insurance for staff and dependant(s).
For further details, please see the Position Description.
Please be noted that the position is only open to Vietnamese candidates. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position through ChildFund’s competitive hiring process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 07/02/2022
Location HanoiKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Communications Intern (Oxfam)Oxfam
Administrative Assistant (GIZ)GIZ
Program Assistant (C.CIHP)Center for Creative Initiatives in Health and Population (CCIHP)
Operational Intern (PATH)PATH
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (AIP Foundation)AIP Foundation
Temporary Finance Officer (WVV)World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
Navigation Operations Specialist (MRC)Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH