Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We are looking for Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Child Rights Governance Project Officer
- Location: Hanoi
1. Management of sub-grant agreements with local CSOs for Program Implementation of SIDA funded Project
- Management of project activities
- Directly manage the sub-grants agreements of CSOs partners in Northern Area/Southern Area to ensure effective program implementation;
- Provide support and supervision to CSO partners to ensure quality, participatory, effective, efficient and cost-sensitive planning, implementation, monitoring/ reviewing, reporting and evaluation processes of the CSO program activities in the project areas, with and by partners;
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and review project work-plans including that of partner organizations;
- Liaise and manage relationships with key project partners as required to ensure effective coordination of project implementation.
- Support the Program Manager to schedule activities, meetings, trainings and workshops organized in Hanoi and other locations;
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related tasks.
- Staff management
- Provide direct supervision to Program Intern (if any) to ensure the project team works productively in field implementation;
- Work together with project team’s members to identify clear performance objectives for each member including capacity building, and support and motivate them to develop and implement their plans to achieve their objectives.
- Financial management
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep cost-efficiency of the actions;
- Monitor partners’ budgets, burn rate and advise Program Manager of any anticipated problems;
- Support Program Manager to develop and monitor project budget, cash forecast and budget phasing as required;
- Comply with SCI and donor’s requirements on expenditures; provide support to partners on compliance.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Lead project-level M&E, including regular monitoring visits to partners to ensure project activities are implemented as per work-plan;
- Lead development of case studies and other project materials;
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos and other data for project planning and documentation;
- Compile reports from partners for submission to Program Manager and support to produce regular internal and donor reports.
2. Contribution to CRG programme development
- Technical assistance
- Provide technical assistance on Child Participation, Gender Mainstreaming, Advocacy to staff members and to partners on approaches and implementation methods consistent with acknowledged good practice to achieve sustainable results;
- Support Program Manager with inputs on Country Annual Plan and Country Annual Report
- Actively participate in, and provide inputs to, developing new concept notes/proposals and program strategies;
- Be updated on and follow recent and cutting-edge developments in the international and national community in regards to CRG.
- Coordination, representation, advocacy and networking
- Support national level project activities, including advocacy and coordination;
- Maintain effective links with local partners at all levels to facilitate implementation, sustainability and scalability of the project;
- Maintain effective collaborations with other partners and organizations and related projects in the same provinces for better integration and coordination;
- Build and maintain effective partnerships and networks with relevant technical groups, civil society groups, NGOs, and UN agencies for effective implementation and scalability of the project;
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other sector/thematic teams to strengthen programmatic synergies and impact.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in community development, social development or related field;
- Minimum 2-3 years of project implementation experience, preferably in CRG projects;
- Experience of working with local government and CSO partners;
- Excellent English and Vietnamese, both written and verbal;
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude to team work;
- Excellent organization skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Solid experience in knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring;
- Experience writing/ preparing donor reports;
- Good experiences in materials developments, materials translation and editing;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Be both self-confident and humble;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
All application packages must be submitted via
The closing date for application is 5pm on 27 October 2019. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International