The Opportunity – Child Safeguarding Senior Officer
Safeguarding the children that we come into contact with throughout our work is a key priority for Save the Children International (SCI). Child Safeguarding Policy is a mandatory policy guiding all of the organization’s work, and must be followed by all Save the Children staff, representatives, partners, volunteers, contractors and visitors to our country program.
Child Safeguarding Manager will ensure quality implementation of Save the Children’s child safeguarding policy, protocol and quality standards in all aspects of Save the Children’s work. S/he will ensure that child safeguarding systems across the Vietnam Country Office are high quality, responsive to changing needs, effective across all functions and programmes, and fully implemented by everyone involved in Save the Children’s work. This post-holder plays the role of technical leadership for all Child Safeguarding related issues
1. Child Safeguarding Policies, Standards, Systems and Mechanisms
- Ensuring that all of the Save the Children work in vietnam is up to expected child safeguarding standards. Closely follow up on legislation in Vietnam in relation to child safeguarding in order to ensure strong support to Save the Children and partners in implementing the laws.
- Develop a child safeguarding plan and budget for the country office on annnual basis, and provide monthly reports to CD and SMT on progress in implementation.
- Ensure full awareness of requriments of child safeguarding policy and reporting mechanisms within Save the Children team.
- Support HR team with ensuring that Child Safeguarding is embedded into HR recruitment processes as per standards.
- Support Supply Chain team to ensure that child safeguarding is embedded into agreements with suppliers.
- Establish and maintain close collaboration on child safeguarding with Department of Children within MOLISA, and proactively search for partners who will be supporting implementation of child safeguarding. Identify and keep up to date information on available services for support to abuse victims.
- Establish close networks and links with other organizations and institutions working on child safeguarding issues.
- Lead on investigations of alleged child safeguarding cases and/or provide technical support as appropriate. Ensure strict confidentiality in all such dealings, and compile and share lessons learnt.
- Lead on ensuring that all visitors to Save the Children’s programs receive mandatory up to date child safeguarding briefings.
- Collaborate with Save the Children’s child safeguarding focal points within Asia region and globally.
2. Safe Programming
- In collaboration with PDQA Director, develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of sector programmes and approaches adopted to deliver support to beneficiaries.
- Support the program teams and collaborate in identifying potential risks to children in all the project activities and work with program teams to develop mitigating measures and actions.
- Support program teams in ensuring that a child safeguarding approach is mainstreamed through program design, monitoring and evaluation, accountability and learning, and appropriate risks assessments conducted with clear mitigating actions.
- Support advocacy, campaigns and communication teams to follow child safeguarding policies throughout their work.
- Ensure that the tools and knowledge is made available to managers in the relevant languages and that they know how to access support and guidance.
- Coach and support Program Managers and Field Focal Points to improve Child Safeguarding practices.
- In collaboration with PDQA Director and program managers, develop child friendly and community friendly information materials in relevant languages, and ensure they are widely distributed and available to children and their families.
3. Mainstreaming Child Safeguarding with Partners
- In collaboration with the Awards and other teams, ensure that all agreements with partners include Child Safeguarding Policy, as well as mechanisms for reporting and investigation.
- Together with the Director of Program Implementation, develop a plan to mainstream child safeguarding standards with Save the Children partner organisations of the project.
- Provide technical support to program teams to conduct child safeguarding aspect of partner assessment, and to develop and monitor relevant capacity building plans. Sign off implementation of the capacity assessment plans.
- Work closely with partner organisations to develop and implement child safeguarding plans, procedures and monitoring mechanisms.
- Plan and deliver training programs for partner staff, including for emergency/humanitarian responses in the project area.
- Work with Support Services teams to ensure that non implementing partners/vendors, suppliers and service providers understand their child safeguarding obligations.
- Build relationships with local level state authorities/ institutions etc who could support in case handling, referrals, legal support to children etc.
4. Capacity Building
- Deliver a suite of tailored mandatory core training workshops as to enable country office staff to undertake their roles and mainstream safeguarding functions. Support HR department in delivery of induction trainings.
- Develop and provide tailored training and support to teams delivering programmes across the project locations.
- Build the capacity of the project and partner staff in order make sure that our programmes are designed and implemented safely.
- Build the capacity of the CSG field focal persons in appropriately identifying, responding to and reporting on child safeguarding concerns.
- Develop material that will highlight the CSG messages to reach different audiences
5. Staff and Budget management
Manage Child Safeguarding staff including recruitment; performance review and talent development.
- Be responsible to manage Child Safeguarding budget and play Budget Holder role including budget planning, monitoring and approving Child Safeguarding expenditures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=200002HT&tz=G…
Closing Date for Application: 14th May, 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
04/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP