Vietnam Clean Energy Manager
Allotrope Partners is an international clean energy advisory firm with the mission to accelerate the transition to a sustainable energy future. Allotrope is headquartered in the United States, with staff based in key Southeast Asian markets.
Allotrope works with public, private, and philanthropic partners to advance clean energy and climate objectives. One of Allotrope’s primary initiatives is the Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA), which Allotrope jointly leads with the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the World Resources Institute (WRI). CEIA is supported by the U.S. Government, P4G, and other public, private, and philanthropic donors. CEIA is engaging in a multi-year effort in Vietnam and other emerging markets to facilitate clean energy procurement and market transformation, with a targeted focus on commercial and industrial (C&I) energy users. CEIA works with a wide range of market stakeholders including C&I companies and their supply chain manufacturers, renewable energy investors and project developers, government regulators and policymakers, and international development partners.
In addition to the CEIA, Allotrope leads other programs such as Greening the Banks, which aims to strengthen the capacity of financial institutions in Southeast Asia to actively participate in green finance, with the ultimate goal of rapidly scaling renewable energy investments, while decreasing capital flows to fossil fuels. Allotrope’s Advisory Practice also supports corporate and public sector clients with clean energy market research, business case analysis, strategy development, procurement implementation, and other priority areas.
Allotrope Partners seeks a clean energy manager to support our engagements in Vietnam. This role will primarily focus on Allotrope’s public-private collaboration initiatives like the CEIA, including technical support for C&I-focused clean energy projects, market research and analysis, stakeholder engagement, as well as communications and business development to scale public-private collaboration efforts.
The Vietnam Clean Energy Manager position will report to Allotrope’s Southeast Asia Director for Advisory and Business Development (based in the U.S.), while also working closely with the CEIA Vietnam team including WRI’s Vietnam CEIA Representative and Project Coordinator, the CEIA global team, and Allotrope’s other partners and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have the motivation, skills, and leadership qualities to deepen and scale current programs in Vietnam, while also playing a key role in growing Allotrope’s future public-private collaboration efforts in the country.
Program Management and Stakeholder Engagement
● Support a range of Allotrope’s activities in Vietnam in coordination with Allotrope’s global team, the full CEIA team, and other advisory efforts.
● Build and maintain relationships with private and public sector stakeholders, clients and partners in Vietnam.
Priority contacts include: Vietnam clean energy industry stakeholders, C&I companies, industrial park
operators, banks and financiers, international development agencies, NGOs, and government regulators and policymakers.
Clean Energy Technical Support
● Provide technical expertise to support renewable energy market analysis and procurement processes under Allotrope’s public-private collaboration initiatives.
● Ability to utilize Excel-based financial models to support assessment of clean energy projects.
● Collect and organize energy demand data, energy supply costs, and site characteristics by engaging with building managers, electrical engineers, industrial park operators, and utilities.
● Support techno-economic assessments for a variety of renewable energy projects ranging from C&I rooftop solar to battery storage to biomass/thermal energy systems.
● Support the preparation, drafting and implementation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and competitive procurement processes for corporate clean energy solutions.
● Conduct renewable energy market research and analysis through primary and secondary data collection.
● Track and document Vietnam’s clean energy market development and policy landscape changes in a timely and organized fashion and convey key insights to Allotrope, WRI, NREL, and other stakeholders. Business Development and Communications
● Identify grants and other new business opportunities to deepen Allotrope’s public-private collaboration initiatives in Vietnam and across Southeast Asia.
● Support the Allotrope team with developing concept notes and proposals.
● Support outreach to donors and other partners, and represent Allotrope in one-on-one meetings as well as at conferences and events.
● Develop and deliver written and oral briefings, presentations, and other materials for internal and external audiences.
● Participate in Allotrope global staff meetings, events, and knowledge-sharing across markets.
● As needed, provide local operational support to the Allotrope team for future engagements in Vietnam. Required Qualifications
● Vietnamese nationality
● Fluency in English and Vietnamese
o Demonstration of good English-language speaking and writing skills
o Prior experience working with a diverse, international English-speaking team and ability to provide effective, clear written and verbal communications
● Bachelor’s degree in energy management, finance, economics, engineering, business, or a related field of study
● 7-10 years of professional experience working in the energy field
Preferred: 3-5 years of direct experience in clean energy
Preferred: Experience working with companies, corporations, and other large industries in Vietnam
● Demonstrated understanding of Vietnam’s energy and electricity landscape from demand and supply perspectives
● Excellent understanding of clean energy technologies and applications, and mechanisms relevant to C&I energy users
● Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks
● Comfort and willingness to speak and present in front of groups
● Flexible availability to support scheduled teleconferences with team members in different time zones
● Willingness to travel within Vietnam for short trips on an occasional basis
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job Location: Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Allotrope Partners’ policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children