Ho Chi Minh City- Center of Hands-on Actions and Networking for Growth and Environment (CHANGE) is seeking a Climate and Sustainable Program Manager.
CHANGE Job Description
|Job Title: Climate and Sustainability Program Manager|
|Reports to: Managing Director|
|Function: Program Department|
|Weekly Hours: 40 hours|
Vietnam is among nine most vulnerable nations to climate change (IPCC, 2018). By 2050, the southern area comprising the Mekong Delta and HCMC will be submerged due to rising sea-level, causing a massive humanitarian crisis. Millions of people will face starvation as the Mekong Delta is the largest agricultural production area in Vietnam. 7 million residents could be displaced. Massive economic repercussions will be felt. Vietnam itself also contributes to the problem – ranking 21st globally for carbon emissions. HCMC has the highest rates of carbon emissions in the country, constituting 16% of Vietnam’s total and 4.1 tonnes per capita – twice the country’s average.
CHANGE’s Climate and Sustainability Program aims to combat climate change by encouraging Vietnamese people to reduce consumption, transform their lifestyle, advocate for sustainable production practices and vote for climate-friendly regulations. The program covers a wide range of projects including but not limited to creative communications, social challenge, business engagement, community building and policy advocacy.
CHANGE is looking for a Climate and Sustainability Program Manager who is fully dedicated to developing and implementing the Climate and Sustainable Program. The Program Manager needs to ensure multiple projects under the program is completed on time and within budget, that the program’s objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Program Manager oversees the program to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
1. Developing projects under the Climate and Sustainability Program: 10%
- Developing new projects to support the strategic direction of the organization with the program team
2. Planning projects: 20%
- Developing project management plan
- Planning scope/ Activities/ Resources/ Schedules
- Cost budgeting/ estimating
- Planning communication strategy
- Planning risk management
- Contracting and supporting funding function
- Developing & managing project team
3. Executing and monitoring: 50%
- Supervising and managing project team by providing direction, input and feedback and ensuring everyone is doing the job probably and meeting deadlines
- Working and communicating with clients and other stakeholders to keep the project on track
- Liaising with other functions to ensure the efficiency of the project
- Solving conflicts or changes within the team and other stakeholders
4. Writing reports: 10%
- Writing project reports to supervisor and sponsors (if required)
- Liquidating sponsoring contracts (if any)
5. Other ad-hoc tasks as requested: 10%
Program Manager will work under direct supervision of the Managing Director
This position will supervise interns and volunteers working to support the Climate and Sustainability Program directly
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work with community; Willingness to travel and work in remote areas when needed
- Degree in marketing & communications, community development, sustainable development, environment, management or related fields;
- Supervisory and project management experiences;
- Knowledge of logical frameworks or other project design concepts; previous project design experience strongly preferred;
- Advanced writing, editing, team-working and negotiation skills;
- Ability to motivate people, deal with lack of resources and be flexible in the phase of changing priorities;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and under pressure;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe.
- Fulfill the job description assigned;
- Comply with Organization’s policies relating to labor discipline, labor safety and confidential commitment.
- Managing, coordinating and supervising all tasks related to assigned projects;
- Requesting assistance from relevant team members of Program team and other supporting teams to ensure the progress, quality, efficiency and safety of the projects;
- Contributing ideas, solutions to the team to improve the project effectiveness.
- Working in a fun, flexible, dynamic and creative environment;
- Monthly salary, insurances;
- Becoming a part of impactful and meaningful projects;
- Entitled to attend professional training courses;
- Networking opportunities with experts, KOLs and other passionate individuals that are supporting the Organization’s projects.
For more details, please refer to the attached ToR.
DEADLINE: January 25th, 2021
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Interested candidates should send applications to email@example.com with the subject: [CHANGE] Position_Title_Full nameCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam