ICEM – International Centre for Environmental Management is an award-winning independent technical service centre that assists government, private sector and communities to define and implement policies for sustainable development. Established in Australia 1999, ICEM has its regional headquarters in Hanoi and is staffed by full-time international and national technical and administrative personnel.ICEM works in Asia and the Pacific - especially in the Mekong countries and focuses on climate change, water resources management, disaster risk reduction, renewable energy, environmental assessment, environmental economics, nature based solutions and biodiversity conservation. ICEM seeks to integrate environmental concerns with development through spatial planning, modelling, socio-economic analysis and environmental assessment tools.
ICEM is now seeking to employ a Climate Change Specialist based in Hanoi, Vietnam, on a two-year renewable contract.
The positions will have the following responsibilities:
- Technical input to ICEM projects: implement project activities, trainings and workshops per the staff’s technical qualifications and experience, technical backstopping to project teams, delivery of presentations, conducting pioneering research, and developing and championing new approaches and methodologies.
- Project management: project team management, coordination, relationship building with Government, donors and partners, work planning, mission and workshop organization, operational facilitation and backstopping, and ensuring reporting is carried out to schedule and to the highest quality.
- Building ICEM’s program: writing expressions of interests, proposals and concept notes to expand ICEM’s portfolio of projects.
- Contributing to ICEM communications: preparing ICEM publications, discussion papers and other knowledge management products linked to ICEM’s mandate and projects.
- Applicants should have a master’s degree or doctorate, and at least five years relevant working experience in climate change, climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction or related fields.
- Applicants should have experience with designing, managing and implementing development projects in the Asia-Pacific region, with donor organizations, host governments and/or municipalities, and experience in preparing high-quality proposals and technical reports.
- Experience in the Mekong region and experience working with ADB and the World Bank would be a significant advantage.
- Applicants should be fluent in English with proven (technical and academic) writing and presentation skills and advanced computer software skills working with MS office.
How to Apply:To apply, send a cover memo and updated CV with contact details of two references to ICEM at Ms Mai Quynh Luong (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about ICEM, visit www.icem.com.au
Applications close on 29th September 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)