Climate Change: Call for Experts
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
About Social Impact
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff P knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
Social Impact is seeking highly qualified climate change experts to provide analytical, advisory, and/or research services under the USAID Learns contract in Vietnam. Consultants will work closely with our Hanoi office staff and USAID/Vietnam to plan, coordinate, and conduct tasks as assigned. Positions are available for candidates based both in and outside Vietnam.
**Please Note: This is open to international or Vietnamese candidates.
The below responsibilities are illustrative and will depend on final scopes of work with USAID/Vietnam.
- Provide on-demand support to USAID leadership and/or operating units on climate change in Vietnam. Technical focus could be on mitigation (prevention of greenhouse gas emissions), adaptation in the face of impacts of climate change, disaster risk reduction and response, or integration of climate friendly considerations into USAID operations.
- Work with USAID teams and implementing partners in an advisory role on program design, implementation, or required research to inform design and implementation.
- Act as team lead or research member for new analyses or research products on climate change in Vietnam, to localize global analysis to the Vietnam context or to update existing analysis that is out of date.
- Connect USAID and Learns with relevant stakeholders working on climate change, particularly within the Government of Vietnam and local organizations.
- Provide support on analyzing policy or national strategies, conducting policy reviews, or advising on policy development related to climate change.
- Design and/or conduct organizational climate audits.
- At least 8 years working on climate change programming. Preference is for prior work experience in Vietnam and deep understanding of Vietnam’s climate change context.
- MA/S in Environmental Sciences or related field preferred.
- Prior experience implementing climate change programs, designing new interventions, and/or conducting climate change research required.
- Strong relationships with local stakeholders within the Government of Vietnam or local organizations working on climate change preferred
- Experience with USAID preferred.
This is an open call for CVs that Social Impact will use to source candidates for specific assignments. There is no designated closing date, but as assignments become available, Social Impact will begin recruitment. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank