- Announcement Number: HANOI-2020-51
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Commercial Assistant – All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 09/15/2020 – 09/29/2020 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE – 1510 8
- Salary: USD $16,364
- Work Schedule: Full-time – Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Duty Location(s): Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Incumbent of this position will report directly to Senior Commercial Specialist. S/he will assist U.S. firms to develop and implement market entry and expansion strategies, undertakes in-depth market research, reporting complex information in concise, readable formats to clients and, as necessary, in support of high-level Department of Commerce (and possibly other agency) officials. The incumbent will create trade promotion opportunities bringing U.S. and Vietnam business representatives together for discussions and projects; analyze market trends and evaluate market research for assigned industry sectors. S/he will maintain working- to mid-level contacts in key industry sectors and with relevant government entities in Vietnam; advise U.S. clients on Vietnam laws and regulations as they affect trade and investment opportunities; track client satisfaction by seeing that participation agreements for CS services are cleared in the system and generates export WIN reports resulting from counseling and trade promotion activities. The incumbent will maintain client records in Sales Force, meeting WINs, Client Assists and Commercial Diplomacy targets as assigned annually; provide guidance to contractors. The incumbent will be responsible for handling event management and logistics for their assigned client accounts; identifying new clients, developing scopes of work and closing fee-for-services negotiations.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, business, trade promotion, international trade or international organization is required.
Must have basic knowledge of Vietnam’s market policies, regulations related to assigned sectors, and other policies / regulations relevant to the two-way trade between Vietnam and the United States.
- Education Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or host country equivalent in economics, marketing, business administration, accounting, or international relations is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
- Ability to develop and maintain appropriate contacts in the host government and private sector.
- Analytical skills and ability to interact with and provide advice to U.S. clients, and to coordinate, plan and manage events and services for those clients.
- Skill in basic office IT applications, including MS word, MS Excel & computer terminal equipment for the entry & retrieval of data.
- Ability to work in a team.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/10/2020UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
12/10/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
12/10/2020U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy Service for Providing Training on Business Planning and Pitching Skills for Start-up Youth/Entrepreneurs in Lao Cai ProvinceAide et Action (AEA)
07/10/2020Save the Children