- Salary: 341,156,758 VND
- Contract Type: Indeterminate (Full-time)
- Term Details: This position is a Locally Engaged Staff position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Vietnam.
- Job Function: Administrative
- Location: the Embassy of Canada to Vietnam
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Closing date for application: 12 July, 2022 at 23:59 UTC/GMT +7:00
I. Summary of Duties:
Under the direction of the Common Service Officer (CSO), The Common Services Assistant (CSA) provides daily administrative support and services, provides and creates information and/or documentation, provides support for ongoing program activities, responds to service requests from clientele, and performs other duties as required. This position primarily focusses on data processing and payroll duties.
II. Area of Selection:
This selection process is open to external applicants legally residing in Vietnam at the time of appointment and to HANOI employees occupying an indeterminate or term position, including emergency employees. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Vietnam.
Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Vietnam does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
III. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university or post-secondary academic institution related to the position (such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Accountancy, etc.) or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Proficiency in English (Oral and Written) and Vietnamese (oral and written)
- *Recent experience working in an office setting for an international organization, a company with more than 40 employees, or a diplomatic mission.
- Minimum of three years’ *recent experience in accounting duties, including payroll preparation.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in dealing with client service (internal and/or external clients)
- Experience in general administrative duties *Recent is defined as within the past 5 years
IV. RATED REQUIREMENTS
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview (online pre-recorded/live or in-person), role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including an in-depth knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP;
- Knowledge of information management practices.
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Focus on Quality and Details
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Proficiency at using computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SAP;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to follow instructions and apply rules;
- Problem solving skills.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
- Ability to communicate in French (oral and written)
- Professional certification in accounting
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management practices
- Experience in documentation and processing of invoices and financial claims
- Experience in documentation and processing of accounts receivable and revenue entries
- Possession of an active embassy of Canada issued reliability status.
- Working hours are 08:00 am – 16:30 pm Monday to Thursday, 08:00 am – 13:30 pm Friday.
- Must be available for occasional duties outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends), sometimes on short notice
- Must be available for domestic & international travel.
- Vacation time may be restricted during certain periods due to operational requirements (e.g.: March and April).
Conditions of Employment:
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
- Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
- Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
Other conditions of employment:
- Be eligible for a Canadian “Reliability Status” security clearance. This clearance is a requirement prior to appointment from the Government of Canada. This involves, among other things, Police checks, credit checks, and validation of qualifications. The required level of security clearance must be maintained throughout the employment period.
- Have the right to work in Vietnam. Only Vietnamese citizens, permanent residents or those holding a valid visa permitting them to work unrestricted in Vietnam will be eligible to apply. The Embassy of Canada in Hanoi, Vietnam is unable to provide employment sponsorship.
- Must meet the employer’s medical requirements by undergoing a medical evaluation by a physician.
V. How to Apply
- You must submit your application using the "Apply online" function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
- Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
- You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
- Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
- Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or which are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to LES-E-Recruitment-MANIL@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN