- WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision (WV) is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. WV serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WV Vietnam has an annual operating budget of more than USD 19M (FY20). WV Vietnam employs roughly 400 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
WV Vietnam also has a variety of external communication channels including website, social media, and press engagement to publicize its contribution to Vietnamese children’s well-being and thus strengthen WV Vietnam’s image and credibility to Vietnamese audiences. The Communications Officer is expected to develop contents in a variety of formats (written, visual, audio-visual) as per the Communications & Public Engagement Manager’s assignments.
WV Vietnam’s Communications team is highly regarded by Regional Communications for its heavy integration into core functions within the organization, co-leading on most initiatives of Child Protection, Advocacy, Grant Acquisition & Management (GAM), Sponsorship, and Operations. The Communications Officer will have the opportunity to learn about these functions in order to make strategic and meaningful contributions to the joint initiatives.
When needed, the Communications Officer provides support to other Communications team members in emergency communication; communication training for children, communities and non-communications staff; internal communications; and donor visits as per the Communications & Public Engagement Manager’s assignments.
- PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To raise internal and external awareness of World Vision’s work in Vietnam by supporting the Communications & Public Engagement Manager in these core functions:
- Creative Content: Assist Communications & Public Engagement Manager in developing and, if necessary, design materials that showcase WV Vietnam’s intervention, achievements and impact, including Annual Review, Program Profiles, Policy Briefs, Fact Sheets along with other written, visual, and audio-visual resources that accommodate the work of GAM, Advocacy, Sponsorship and Operations. Provide feedback and input on visual aspects for materials produced by other non-communications teams.
Write fact- and evidence-based human interest and child-focused stories from WV Vietnam’s working areas to share with Support Offices, donors, media partners, and relevant internal and external audiences. Uphold Safeguarding Policy when carrying out communications-related tasks, and advocate for consistent compliance by other functions and teams.
- Public Engagement: Provide assistance in the implementation of Communications team’s own and joint initiatives to increase the engagement of targeted audiences. This includes, but is not limited to, following up with concerned functions and teams to keep up with the initiatives’ timelines.
Support Communications team in maintaining the operation of WV Vietnam’s owned channels (website and social media pages).
- HEA (Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs) Communication: Curate communication assets from disaster-stricken APs and Special Projects and use them in HEA-related contents.
- Corporate Communication: Provide assistance in the development of Internal Communication products, including consolidation of information from program teams, writing scripts, and other tasks as assigned by the Communications & Public Engagement Manager.
III. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Creative Content (50%)
- Informative and decent-looking communication products are developed and fed into WV Vietnam’s engagement with Support Offices, donors, media partners, and other internal and external audiences.
- Compelling and inspiring human interest and child-focused stories are written as testimonies of WV Vietnam’s work and impact in country.
Public Engagement (20%)
- Communication resources are produced and delivered, contributing to national public engagement initiatives and/or global movements.
- WV Vietnam’s owned channels is kept up-to-date with the organization’s updates, highlights and impact evidence.
HEA Communication (15%)
- Communication assets are curated for usage at National Office and sharing with concerned Support Office.
- HEA-related content is created to support efforts in documentation, resource acquisition and reporting.
Corporate Communication (10%)
- Internal communication is innovative, concise, equally representing WV Vietnam’s working areas and delivered regularly.
- As assigned by the Communications & Public Engagement Manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in public relations, journalism, communication or equivalent
- Social and economic development studies
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent in oral communication and written skills in Vietnamese and English
- Working independently and as an active team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Familiarity with or knowledge about development in rural context
- At least one year of experience in communications or media-related field
- Experience working in development context, a fast-paced, multi-cultural working environment
- Work with various stakeholders: Support Offices; foreign visitors; staff of APs, Special Projects and other functions; community people and children.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please send us your CV if you are interested in this position at 16/12/2020 at the latest. Our contact details: People and Culture Department (HR Department)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilitiesCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/11/2020The Consulate General of the Netherlands
Post date: 16/01/2021
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi