I. JOB SUMMARY
Position overview:Overall, the position of Gender Specialist Cum Project Coordinator (S-PC2) shall be responsible for Gender-related works of CDI to ensure gender considerations into programming and promote gender equality throughout CDI's project activities (50% working time). This position will also oversight two project(s): DGD and Phunu3, which includes but not limited to overall coordination, planning, management, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting of these program/project activities. At the management level, the position is in charge of the Program Quality, Team management, Partnership and Networking and Fundraising. The position has the autonomy to make decisions related to all assigned activities. Background information of the program/project(s):
In particular, the S-PC2 will coordinate 2 on-going projects:- Project Promoting the rights and voices of migrant workers, especially women, towards social protection and better working condition in Bac Ninh and Hai Duong province (DGD) (to be completed in 2021) - Project Empowerment for the betterment of women workers’ socio-economic conditions (PHUNU3) (2020 - 2023) As the Project Coordinator, the S-PC2 will manage the plan and budget of these projects as well as manage 2 Project Officers. More Interns can be mobilized to support project implementation if needed.
II. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Technical support on Gender-related works (50% working time)- Develop guideline and training agenda for CDI staff on Gender equality and Women empowerment - Develop training materials and facilitate training on gender-related issues in CDI projects - Providing technical and professional advice to the CDI’s staff and relevant stakeholders on integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment principles in planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities. - Advise the project teams on potential impacts on the gender of project activities - Participate in/develop and conduct researches on gender-related issues - Provide input to the preparation of proposals, project key documents and reports
2. Fundraising- Identify funding opportunities for the related-program (particularly co-funding for PHUNU3 project) - Develop concept papers and proposals which promote Gender Equality and Women empowerment
3. Project management/coordination (DGD & PHUNU3 project)- Develop/verify project development and administration (MOU, annexes, etc.), with both donors and local partners, ensuring that donor contractual commitments are met - Coordinate with project partner and local agencies in setting project structure and systems for effective project management; - Develop the program/project's strategy (including the communication one) - Review and approve the quarterly and annual budget and plan of the projects - Ensure the regular (annual/quarterly/monthly) work-plans and activity schedules of the program/project - Lead the project launching and planning meetings and key events - Supervise consultants, service providers, local partners (if any) for quality and time
4. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)- Provide input for monitoring guideline and templates for the project team and local partners to collect information on gender-related indicators - Coach the program/project team to implement the M&E plan and other evaluation of processes, effectiveness and impact - Guide the program/project team to collect evidence and best practices - Record and analyze the collected information monthly - Act on results to improve the quality of the program if needed - Identify and help address issues and problems, including risk management analysis - Work closely with key technical and staff on preparation of progress reports, mid-term and final evaluation to ensure the compliance and the required quality.
5. Reporting- Prepare reports for 2 projects in-charge which are required by donors and other agencies - Review project reports by the team before sending to donors - Prepare report of the program for CDI annual report
6. Financial management- Ensure project finance management in accordance with CDI policies and procedures as well as donors’ requirements in cooperation with finance and funding specialists - Be responsible for project financial management, including expenditure, audit and other requirements by donors - Lead/coordinate the process of preparing monthly/quarterly detail cost plan of the project; - Verify and approve the project budget as authorized - Monitor project spending, analyse unusual over/under spending items - Review budgets and financial reports and documents of partners/service providers
7. Organizational development- Participate in development of CDI's strategy and operational plans - Participate in assessing OCAT and/or other assessment of organizational development - Participate in developing/revising CDI’s policies/regulations
8. Team management & leadership- Constructively collaborate with colleagues to achieve the organizational goals; - Expand the capability and development of the CDI members by utilizing mixed interventions e.g. sharing the knowledge, experiences and expertise, coach junior staff/outsource, etc. - Delivers high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment; - Request for staff changes or update of the program/project personnel (if needed) - Engage in recruitment of new staff (including: develop JD/TORs, interview potential candidates, verify labor contracts, probation assessment…) - Manage tasks assignment amongst the team and joint planning with other teams - Supervise and conduct OKR development & assessment of the team - Conduct annual performance review for the team (including collecting feedbacks from colleagues and face-to-face meetings with staff) - Conduct exit interview and hand-over (if any) - Manage leave registration of the team (Leave in lieu, annual leave, etc.) - Comply with all legislations and the organization’s policies and procedures.
9. Partnership and Networking- Develop and maintain good relationship between CDI and international/ national/ local stakeholders; NGOs; research institutions; media, etc. - Build and maintain good relationship with businesses and their associations; - Ensure that local partners understand CDI’s regulations and donors’ requirements - Be the focal point for monitoring visit by the donor/government/other stakeholders - Be the focal point of CDI in working with networks related to the program/project (national and regional level) - Represent CDI at forums, meetings and/or conferences (national and regional level) - Actively network with relevant working groups, actors, corporates, government agencies to develop and implement joint initiatives and advocacy events at local or/and national level(s).
10. Other duties- Other duties or responsibilities as agreed with the Management.
1. Values and Behaviour- Agree and commit to CDI's core values - Promotes and support organizational culture, growth, performance and image; - Actively supports the organization commitment to the core values and policies;
2. Qualification & experiences- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Development or Social Studies, or Gender-related field - Minimum 5 years of related working experience with an NGO, preferably with similar responsibilities - Understanding of and sensitivity to Labor Rights/Workers rights - Proven records of conducting researches, assessment, training
3. Language- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English is preferable; - Demonstrated experience in writing proposals and reports in English
4. Core Competency- Excellent command of MS-Office and online tools (Trello, online calendar, etc.) - Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communications skills - Excellent organizing and planning skills - Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building - Supervisory experience and management and team-building skills
Working with People:- Respect for the views and contributions of other team members; - Show empathy; listen, support and care for others; - Consult others and share information and expertise with them; - Build team spirit and reconcile conflict; be able to work independently and with the team;
Drive for Results:- Set high standards for quality of work; - Highly motivated with a positive attitude and able to work under pressure - Strong desire to use his/her own professional expertise to create positive social impact; - Result-oriented and time management skills - Ability to travel locally, regionally and internationally, for approximately 30% of the total working days per year.
IV. APPLICATION- Contact via email: email@example.com - Application includes:
- Curriculum Vitae with links to the publications/training materials (if any)
- Cover Letter
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam