Veterinarians without Borders/Vétérinaires sans Frontières (VWB/VSF) provides overseas volunteer placements for veterinarians and other animal and public health professionals.
VWB/VFS is currently co-funding the Volunteers Engaged in Gender Responsive Technical Solutions (VETS) project with Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The VETS project was established to improve the economic and social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized people, particularly women and girls, in six countries, including Vietnam, through support to animal, human and environmental health initiatives. The project utilises the skills of Canadian volunteers to support smallholder farmers, primarily women, to reduce poverty by improving family income and nutrition principally through improved production of livestock and crops. The program is built around the One Health concept, which recognizes that the health of people, animals and the natural environment are interconnected. It promotes the production of more and better food and increased incomes from livestock, all the while promoting land rehabilitation and conservation for sustainable development.
VWB/VSF is currently seeking a volunteer Communication and Community Engagement Specialist to support VWB/VFS partner organizations in Vietnam, the Institute of Environmental Health and Sustainable Development (IEHSD) and Center for Public Health and Ecosystem Research (CENPHER). The main aim of the volunteer placement will be to build the capacity of IEHSD and CENPHER staff to design and implement effective communication and community engagement programs in the community.
The specific objectives of the assignment are to:
· Provide guidance to IEHSD and CENPHER staff to develop a communication and community engagement strategy to achieve its public health objectives.
· Assist IEHSD and CENPHER staff, and their partners at the community level, to understand the risk communication framework and prepare communication materials highlighting key messages.
· Support IEHSD and CENPHER staff, and their community partners, in implementing communication and community engagement activities, projects and other initiatives in target communities.
The volunteer placement is for a period of one year (with the possibility of extension) starting 1st January 2021. The volunteer will be based in Hanoi, with some travel to project sites. The placement is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada that are currently based in Vietnam.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working in communications and community engagement in public health in Vietnam or other developing countries. Candidates with previous experience working in communication and community engagement in relation to other development interventions are also welcomed to apply. Candidates with private sector experience working in community engagement in marketing in Vietnam will also be considered.
Other desired qualifications and skills include:
– Tertiary qualifications in communications, community engagement or related discipline, preferably at the postgraduate level.
– Experience developing and implementing innovative communication and community engagement strategies for public health interventions, including in relation to One Health, Ecohealth and food safety, etc.
– Experience in Training of Trainers (ToT) on communication and community engagement topics.
– Experience producing written and other communication materials on complex concepts for a broad audience.
– Efficient cross-cultural communication skills.
– Commitment to the principles of volunteer cooperation and familiarity with participatory approaches to development, including the promotion of gender equality, good governance and environmental sustainability.
– Previous experience working in Vietnam or other developing countries.
Successful candidates will receive a volunteer living allowance of 2100CAD per month. In addition, VWB/VSF will cover the volunteer’s visa/permit costs, as well as costs for required vaccinations and emergency travel health insurance for the duration of the placement.
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae (CV), and cover letter outlining their interest in being a VWB/VSF volunteer, in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th October 2020.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam