Call for a Communication and Marketing intern
TERMS OF REFERENCE
For nearly 30 years, Agrisud International, a non-profit association under French law, has been supporting the most vulnerable populations to rise from a state of precariousness to economic and social autonomy. Agrisud International promotes economic growth through the creation of very small family businesses, especially in the agricultural sector. These businesses are viable and sustainable, because they are economic and agro-ecological, because they are well anchored in the local market, and because the entrepreneur was able to be accompanied throughout a professionalization process.
Agrisud pursues its objective in developing countries.
IDEAS project in Vietnam
The Hoang Lien National Park (HLNP) is made up of six communes populated mainly by Hmong, Day and Dao ethnic minorities living from agriculture, forestry and traditional handicrafts. To date, farming families face many challenges in agriculture and poverty rates remain high (53.3% on average), the main causes of poverty are: the lack of agricultural land due to the increase in demography and the classification of the territory as a protected natural park (since 2002) leading to the prohibition of opening new fields of cultivation; vulnerability of crops and livestock to climate risks; low diversification of income-generating activities and heavy reliance on cardamom cultivation.
In this context, the IDEAS project (Income Development for Ethnic Minorities Based on Agriculture Sustainability) supports families from ethnic minorities living in the park and its periphery, with the objectives of improving and diversifying agricultural activities for food security and sustainable income generation, and on the other, poverty reduction to reduce the pressure on natural resources and help preserve the local biodiversity of the HLNP.
General objective: To support the technical and economic development of agricultural systems in PNHL territory by contributing to the preservation of natural resources.
Specific objective: To promote sustainable agricultural systems for families of ethnic minority groups living in and on the periphery of the PNHL through the improvement and diversification of agro-ecological production, the development of fair value-chains supported by the cooperative and the implementation of awareness-raising actions for sustainable and inclusive development.
- Continue the technical strengthening and professionalization of farms and their groups.
- Develop an offer of agricultural services for farms through the Hoang Lien Cooperative and master farmers.
- Implement awareness raising actions for environmental protection, gender and social inclusion.
Roles and responsibilities of the Communication and Marketing intern
The Communication and marketing intern’s primary role is to support the efficient implementation of IDEAS project’s communication and marketing activities. She/he is working under the direct supervision of the Communication and Marketing officer for rural development who gives her/him assignments. The intern is also under the hierarchy of the project coordination board members.
The Communication & Marketing intern will have the responsibilities to:
- Support the cooperative to complete the application for quality product registration;
- Participate in the organization of capacity building program for the members of the cooperative and groups of producers;
- Support to organize seminars linking farmers and Companies, businesses, Agriculture Cooperatives;
- Support capacity building for cooperative members;
- Support groups of interests in designing packaging and product labels;
Qualifications and skills
- Relevant university cursus in Marketing and/or agro-business.
- Relevant experience in marketing and communication in Vietnam.
- Taste for team capacity building and field work.
- Good understanding of agricultural development issues in Vietnam is a plus
- Mastery of communication and reporting tools: Microsoft Pack Office; Social networking, Design software is a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Internship agreement for a Vietnamese student
- Fixed duration of maximum 6 months
- Internship monthly allowance fixed at 5 million VND
- One room with bathroom provided in the HLNP guesthouse for the duration of the internship
- Position based in the project office in Sa Pa, Lao Cai Province, Vietnam.
- Office : Hoang Lien National Park, No. 89 - Group 11b - Nguyen Chi Thanh Road – Phan Si Pang Ward - Sa Pa Town - Lao Cai Province
- Field work: in Hoang Lien National Park area, under the arrangement of IDEAS Project.
Interested candidates can submit a full application with cover letter and CV, in English, including contact details of minimum two professional referees by email to :
- Communication and Marketing officer, Mrs. Thanh Hang Nguyen, at email@example.com
- IDEAS project coordinator, Mr. Cong Huy Le, at firstname.lastname@example.org (086 208 3068).
Applications must be complete and marked "Recruitment of the Communication and Marketing intern - IDEAS Project - Vietnam" as the subject of the e-mail. Only full applications will be reviewed.
Closing date for applications: July 26th, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted.
Timetable for interviews and selection: The interviews will be organised from the 28th of July 2021 (options of interview will be discussed with shortlisted candidates). Final selected candidates will be informed shortly after.
Start of the internship: August.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi