VVOB – Education for Development is a Belgian organisation that seeks to contribute to poverty reduction and to a fairer world with increased opportunities for all. Our main objective is to sustainably improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of education and training in developing countries.
Currently, VVOB Vietnam is implementing 1 programme and three projects:
- Programme: “Mitigating Preschool Children’s Barriers to Learning in Disadvantaged and Ethnically Diverse Districts”- BAMI in Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Kon Tum provinces (2018-2021)
- Project: “GENder-responsive Teaching and Learning in the Early years”- GENTLE in Quang Nam and Quang Ngai provinces (6/2018-5/2021)
- Project: “Communities of practice Inspiring Teaching Innovations in the early Education System in Vietnam”- CITIES in Danang city (6/2019-5/2020)
- Project: “iPLAY Vietnam – Integrating Play-based Learning Activities among Young learners in Vietnam” in Lai Chau, Ha Giang, Thai Nguyen, Ha Noi, Quang Tri, Da Nang, Quang Ngai and Ho Chi Minh City (12/2019 – 11/2023)
VVOB Vietnam is currently looking for qualified candidates for 01 Communication Coordinator for BAMI programme and GENTLE and CITIES projects. The purpose of the function of Communication Coordinator is to coordinate, stimulate and support internal and external communication of the programme/projects with the purpose to increase awareness, understanding and support from stakeholders and different target groups. Furthermore, the Communication Coordinator provides advice, information and guidance to colleagues and partners on communication strategies, channels and instruments in the framework of the joint partner-VVOB project. The Communication Coordinator also takes part in advocacy and networking in the education sector in Vietnam and will be frequently supporting the design and organisation of project activities and events. The Communication Coordinator reports to the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Manager and works in close collaboration with the Coordinators in the programme/project team, with the communication colleagues in the Hanoi office andwith the communication advisors at VVOB HQ.
Provide coordination, technical support and advice to the ECE Manager and the team and partners in the implementation of the communication strategy:
- Coordination of external communication and knowledge sharing about VVOB project/programme;
- Coordination of internal communication and knowledge management within VVOB, in Vietnam and for VVOB worldwide;
Provide technical support and advice in the implementation of communication strategy:
- Develop a press toolkit;
- Develop communication materials (design and layout of printed materials such as training manuals and leaflets, briefs, … and multi-media materials such as video, etc);
- Proofread and edit programme related communication materials like newsletters, website, presentations;
- Supports the organisation of public project events from a communication perspective to embed the innovative and creative nature of the VVOB and programme/project approach in all elements of the project’s implementation
- Coordination of internal communication channels such as e-mail (outlook), OneDrive and SharePoint, WhatsApp, etc;
Provide technical support and input to team and partners in communication, networking and advocacy on VVOB projects in the education sector in Vietnam
- Development of input for different internal and external communication channels;
- Collection of stories of significant change and testimonies from the field.
- Networking and advocacy in education sector working groups and taskforces in which VVOB is active.
- Dissemination of M&E findings on different platforms and through different channels, like the VVOB Country website and magazine, publications in journals, conference presentations, …
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge development by systemizing lessons learned and sharing pro-actively lessons learned between partners, colleagues and other VVOB country teams in the domain of internal and external communication;
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in journalism, communication or equivalent by experience;
- A creative mindset that can translate conceptual ideas into products, events, etc.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the international development sector is an asset;
- Expertise and experience with the use of different media (magazines, digital learning platforms, social media);
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, digital mediums and social tools;
- Understanding of the Education sector is an asset;
- Experience with working in a multicultural team;
- Able and willing to travel for short periods of time.
Starting date and working location:
Start date is 15/04/2020 or as soon as possible thereafter in VVOB’s office in Da Nang with frequent travel to project provinces.
Contract duration and benefit:
The contract will be 2 years and its extension will depend on the budget availability.
Selected candidate will be offered a friendly and creative working environment, a good benefit package including the social insurance according to the government scheme and additional insurance for staff and family, 30 days of annual leave and several professional development opportunities.
VVOB is committed to supporting its staff to achieve their maximum potential and will provide opportunities for professional development for the successful candidate, along with an attractive remuneration package.
To apply please send cover letter and detailed CV in English with at least 3 references to:
Mrs. Nguyen Phuong Anh- Deputy Programme Manager, email@example.com and
Ms. Luu Bao Nam Dung- Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Application for the position title
Please do not send certificates. Closing date for submission is 6 March 2020 (before 9am). While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VVOB is an Equal Opportunity Employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforceCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam