Room to Read (RtR) is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low- income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools in low-income countries during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized and sustained by governments. Room to Read has benefited 11.5 million children across over 20,000 communities in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zambia, and aims to reach 15 million children by 2020.
- In cooperation with Program Teams, take responsibilities and provides overall logistical coordination to facilitate and host local and international visitors/donors for all types of field visit.
- Develop communication strategy, manage social media channels and work closely with Global office and Program teams in storytelling and creating promotional materials (videos, photos, brochures, etc.) for positive publicity about Room to Read.
- Establish and maintain network with local donors, local/international media, other NGOs and government to support fundraising and advocacy process of Room to Read in Vietnam.
- The position will report directly to Country Director.
Field visit coordination:
- Host field visits for local and international donors/guests in coordination with Global Office team and Vietnam Program teams.
- Prepare activities and logistics (including document translation, guidelines writing, transportation, accommodation, restaurants, visa and other papers) for field visits.
- Manage and coordinate in-country travel agency for large field visits’ arrangements.
Communications and donor engagement:
- In cooperation with Global Office and Communication Teams, develop Communication strategy for Room to Read Vietnam and implement it accordingly.
- Create and review all in-country marketing materials, including marketing materials within templates provided by Global Office, such as Room to Read Vietnam’s brochures, newsletter, photos, videos, activities on social media channels, etc.
- Coordinate with photographers, designers, videographers, communication collaborators and volunteers for activities related to communication.
- Maintain good working relationships with local/international media and help communicate all activities related to the public image of Room to Read.
- Visit projects and attend meetings with Vietnam Program Teams to keep up date with situation in the field, discuss new ideas and write stories about work at field (both English and Vietnamese).
- Establish and maintain relationship with potential local donors, explore local funding opportunities and work closely with GO Development
Team to develop grant proposal with local inputs.
- Attend and present about Room to Read in meetings, workshops and activities with NGOs and governmental agencies when needed.
- Develop and use communication tools to train all applicable staff members on how to represent Room to Read and effectively communicate the organization’s mission and programs.
- Prepare and manage annual budget for communication.
- Respond to other specific requests for communications support from Global Office, Asia Regional Office and Vietnam Office.
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant fields (International Relations, Communication, Journalism, Tourism, Marketing, etc.).
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with NGOs, UN agency.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Good sense of art and logic on communication materials.
- Excellence in inter-personable skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge and understanding Vietnam, particularly in education and development issues.
- Ability to travel frequently to provinces throughout country.
- Ability to perform multi-task in high pressure working.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without close supervision.
- Honest and trustworthy.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker that tries new things and inspires others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
She/He will be working mainly in Ho Chi Minh city and frequent travel for work to other provinces or cities upon the request of the organization and job required.
Please submit your application preferably with a cover letter, online by sending us an email before 11 October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject mail: [Room To Read – 102020] Communication Officer – Fullname
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)