- Vacancies: 01
- Contract type: Local, Fulltime (100% FTE)
- Duration: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
- Location: Ha Noi or Ho Chi Minh
- Travel requirements: Frequent travel throughout cities; infrequent travel for knowledge sharing in Viet Nam
BACKGROUND:IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise with the mission of improving public health by alleviating the societal and individual burden caused by infectious diseases and non-communicable diseases. Our current work focuses primarily on improving TB and HIV care in Viet Nam. IRD VN works on the endTB and endTB-Q projects which have introduced and evaluated delamanid- and bedaquiline-based regimens for the treatment of MDR-TB in Viet Nam. IRD VN has been implementing mobile chest X-ray screening campaigns in key populations, such as the elderly and isolated island communities. The social enterprise is the principal recipient of USAID’s Local Organization Network award, which aims to improve TB care in 5 provinces Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Long An, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau. IRD VN works in closer collaboration with the Viet Nam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control, the National TB Control Program, Provincial CDCs and TB Programs, and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by USAID, the University of San Francisco (UCSF) the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), UNITAID and Otsuka.For additional information please refer to our website: www.ird.vn
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP), IRD VN and FIT are helping to build a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Long An, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau) and several island and remote communities. In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children, and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term.Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for 01 highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated Communication Officer in Ha Noi or HCMC
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Content Collection, Production, and Publication (in English and Vietnamese as needed)
- Draft, review, edit, design, and disseminate project updates, advertising materials, briefing materials, success stories, brochures, press releases, fact sheets, handouts, presentations, and other published materials.
- Regularly update the public IRD VN website and ensure consistency in content.
- Draft, edit, schedule, and publish social media content, including written messages and visual assets such as photography, videos, GIFs, and graphics, on IRD VN’s Facebook and YouTube accounts.
- Compile and caption videos to highlight program successes using clips, images, and voiceovers.
- Regularly contribute information, news, or stories about IRD VN programs to donor online newsletters, blogs, websites, and outreach activities or campaigns.
- Contribute to IRD VN’s quarterly narrative reporting to international and domestic donors.
- Travel to the field to identify and capture success stories, photos, and videos for publication when feasible.
- Draft public statements prepared for IRD VN to ensure quality, accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness of message.
- Provide IRD VN leadership with press and media relations support. Includes developing and editing speeches, press releases, op-eds, briefing checklists (BCLs) and public statements.
- Evaluate the quality and appropriateness of messaging and presentation for target audiences as well as consistency with donor communications priorities, key messages, and branding.
- Coordinate various targeted media and public relations activities specifically designed to share information about IRD VN’s programs to audiences in Vietnam.
- Serve as the principal IRD VN contact for representatives of the local and international media to promote story ideas and feature stories on donor programs.
- Develop and maintain contacts with journalists from media outlets.
- Expand opportunities to keep the media abreast of IRD VN’s programs.
- This may include arranging interviews, press briefings, and site visits.
- Manage event planning and management from start to finish, including follow-up information dissemination.
- Plan and coordinate site visit logistics, conference participation, field travel, and media availability as necessary and accompany VIPs and donors.
- Serve as site officer, media officer, or occasionally control officer as requested.
- Develop, implement, and adapt a communications and outreach strategy for IRD VN to increase understanding of and support for our programs among internal and external target audiences.
- Provide guidance, training, and advice to IRD VN’s implementing partners on donor branding guidelines and communications strategies, and foreign assistance priorities.
- Serve as IRD VN’s subject matter expert on USAID and CDC’s branding and marking guidelines. Oversee and ensure consistency of all materials.
- Evaluate the success of communications activities and materials by monitoring press coverage, reporting on social media metrics, and collecting feedback on events and other activities.
- Manage digital and physical communications, including online files and promotional items.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with video editing software is preferred
- Flexibility across a range of field- and office-related tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well as an individual and in teams
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented, attention to detail and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV, and cover letter.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ‘Application for Communication Officer in HN/HCM’
- No later than 29 February 2024