World Agroforestry Centre – Vietnam Office
Recruitment of Communication Officer (Re-post)
I. About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role which trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health. The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
II. The Position
ICRAF Viet Nam country office is seeking for the dynamic motivated Communication Officer (CO) to replace the vacant at country office based in Hanoi. The communication officer is set up to lead and implement communication strategy and activities of country program and projects. Under supervision of country coordinator and the COE reporting officer, the communication officer is expected to perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
III. Main Responsibilities
- Develop and implement communication strategies and tactical plans for the Country programme and projects including messaging, budgets, action plans and performance metrics.
- Act as the liason between national and global communications ensuring the country programme is profiled through taking advantage of global communication opportunities ensuring the free flow of information, and coordination of translations.
- Lead Viet Nam network communications, working closely with all donors and partners.
- Plan and produce content such as publications, articles, web content, social media content, media releases, infographics, videos, photography, newsletters, presentations and event related content.
- Manage events including planning, marketing, implementation, and reporting on results.
- Coordinate all national media interactions, in coordination with the COE media team.
- Manage country social media profiles in coordination with the COE Global Social media Coordinator.
- Ensure website is current and of high quality.
- Produce analytical reports on the performance of all communications activities as agreed upon.
- Oversee junior communication staff, consultants, interns
- Undertake other communication activities as agreed upon.
- All activities are undertaken in coordination with and using the resources of the COE team and consultants.
2. Impact assessment
- Support Country Program Coordinator in designing and implementing assessment of the impacts of the CIFOR-ICRAF Viet Nam program in general and of communication and outreach activities in specific.
3. Resource mobilization
- Lead development of communication strategy/plan in new proposals
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining links with donors
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary
IV. Qualifications and Skills Required
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Master degree in communication, media, literature, social sciences, public relations, international development and/or related discipline.
- Publication record will be a major plus.
Minimum Work Experience:
- At least seven years of relevant communication experience, preferably related to communication, media, literature, journalism, social sciences, public relations, international development and/or related fields, with demonstrated achievements in wide-scale public promotion, production of material for farmers and extensionists, organization of events at local through to national levels, and supervision of junior staff and consultants.
- Specific experience in working with not-for-profit organizations and media networks..
Skills and Competencies
- Well organized; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, in both English and Vietnamese.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-tasks and multicultural teams
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative, practical approaches to overcoming challenging situations
- Demonstrated ability to manage a range of staff and consultants
- Good computer literacy (especially for graphic, design and illustration software)
- Good writing skills in both English and Vietnamese languages
- Demonstrated ability in time management and working under pressure
- Strong drive to learn new topics and skills and to see research and ideas having positive impact in practice
- Independent, rigorous, excellent social skills, and passionate and motivated by the social and environmental impact potential of their work
- Comfortable with public speaking and workshop facilitation
- Willing to travel and spend time in the field
- Open to receiving feedbacks from others .
- Vietnamese national only
V. Terms of offer
- Initial one-year contract with a competitive salary, to be renewed upon performance and budget availability.
- The contract is subject to 3 (three) monthsprobation period, assessment of performance
- Start of working as soon as possible. Immediate availability to join ICRAF team is a merit.
VI. How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, and email address
All correspondence should be addressed to the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Office Hanoi, at the 13th floor, HCMCC building, 249A Thuy Khue street, Tay Ho district, Hanoi, Vietnam OR via email: ICRAF-VIETNAM@CGIAR.ORG. Applicants should indicate “Application – Communication Officer” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until the 24th July 2022. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
ICRAF believes that staff diversity promotes excellence, and strongly encourages local-based candidates to apply.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN