Communication Research Specialist
Agent Orange Communications Research (Task # 4.023)
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the SAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
Since 2015 USAID, working in close cooperation with the Ministry of National Defense (MND), has completed a dioxin remediation project at Danang airport and has begun remediation of the final hotspot at Bien Hoa air base. 2020 marks the 25th anniversary of the normalization of relations between the United States and Vietnam, and cooperation between the countries continues to grow. The ongoing project implemented by USAID to clean up Agent Orange contamination and support people living with disabilities in provinces heavily sprayed with Agent Orange is an important contributor to strengthening the bilateral relationship between the U.S. and Vietnam. To contribute to overcoming the war and Agent Orange legacies as stated in the USAID/Vietnam Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), USAID believes that it is critical to communicate about its work to remediate dioxin at the Bien Hoa air base.
USAID/Vietnam has asked SI to conduct Agent Orange Communications Research. This research is to provide USAID/Vietnam a better understanding of who needs to know about USAID’s war legacy efforts and how best to communicate about its efforts to that target audience. It would inform USAID’s communication and outreach strategy and subsequent communications about its war legacy work.
**Please Note: Candidates are required to be Vietnamese citizens residing in Vietnam.**
Roles & Responsibilities
The Communications Research Specialist will be expected to support the Team Leader in managing and overseeing all research deliverables. The Specialist will participate in consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders to understand communication objectives and perspectives on the research questions. The Specialist will provide support in research design, desk review, data collection (Key Informant Interviews & Focus Groups), data analysis, the drafting and completion of a final report. The Specialist will review and contribute to writing content of the Report and data collection tools as requested by the Team Leader.
The Specialist will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Contribute to discussions of research design and methodological approaches, expected deliverables and timeline
- Assist to organize consultation meeting with relevant stakeholders to understand their communication objectives, perspectives on the research questions, develop joint priorities/partnership, and engage in utilization of research results
- Contribute to desk review of public opinion research and other related secondary data
- Support revisions based on USAID/Vietnam feedback and advise on logistics and plans for data collection
- Support team leaders in conducting qualitative interviews and focus group discussions with relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to data analysis, report writing and finalisation
Illustrative LOE breakdown (days)
|1||Contribution to background document review, participation in kickoff meeting to contribute to discussions of research design, expected deliverables and timeline||Late-Jan 2021||2|
|2||Contribution to research design developed and presented in in-brief presentation with USAID/Vietnam||Feb 2021||5|
|3||Participation in and submission of written notes of consultation meeting with relevant stakeholders organized to understand their communication objectives, perspectives on the research questions, develop joint priorities/partnership, and engage in utilization of research results||Feb-Mar 2021||1|
|4||Contribution to desk review of public opinion research and other related secondary data||Feb-Mar 2021||4|
|5||Contribution to and technical and coordination support for data collection activities completed||Mar 2021||5|
|6||Contribution to data analysis and report writing and findings presented to USAID/Vietnam||Late Mar 2021||5|
|7||Contribution to report revision based on Learns’ feedback. Contribution to the presentation of study findings and recommendations for communication strategy in validation event presented to USAID/Vietnam||Mid-April||3|
|8||Contribution to report finalization and submission||Late April 2021||5|
Level of Effort (LOE): Approximately 30 days
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Timeframe: From start date until May 31, 2021
- BA/BS degree in social development, social sciences or related fields.
- At least 7 years of experience designing and implementing qualitative research projects;
- Specialty in communications research required
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience conducting key informant interviews and focus groups
- Demonstrated experience working with the government in Vietnam
- Fluency in Vietnamese and in-depth knowledge of the operating environment in Vietnam; and
- Demonstrated excellent writing and spoken English skills are required.
The closing date for application: January 25, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam