“Integrated Vegetable Seed System Development for ethnic minority groups in Northern Vietnam for enhanced nutrition and income security”
Asia Regional Office, Hanoi, Vietnam
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (www.ciat.cgiar.org
) develops technologies, innovative methods, and research-based based solutions in agriculture and the environment, in order to increase prosperity and improve human nutrition in the tropics, and by doing so, help the world secure a sustainable food future. CIAT is a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org
), a global research partnership for a food secure future. The Center’s research focuses on increasing productivity of key crops (cassava, common bean, rice, and tropical forages), developing sustainable agroecosystems and landscapes, and using information to foster better decisions about issues such as climate resilience and inclusive markets.
About the job and project team
We are currently recruiting a communication specialist for the project “Integrated vegetable seed systems development among ethnic minority communities in Northern Vietnam for enhanced nutrition and income security” (April 2019-March 2022).
Vegetables are a main source of income and nutrition for ethnic minority farmers in Vietnam’s Northern highlands. While value chains for fresh retail produce and seed markets offer huge opportunities for development, particularly for women and youth inclusion, current smallholder systems suffer from multiple problems (production and institutional). The project addresses these issues by elucidating how, and under what conditions, increased access and use of high-quality seed translates into enhanced smallholder income and nutrition security, and includes both research, capacity building and knowledge sharing activities.
The project is implemented by a consortium of CIAT, Bioversity International, Wageningen University, the Fruit and Vegetable Research Institute, the Vietnamese Farmer Union, Tan Loc Phat and Vinaseed, and contributes to the CGIAR research program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH), specifically Flagship 1 on ‘Food Systems for Healthier Diets’.
The communication specialist plays a critical role in linking research and development by translating research findings and lessons into knowledge sharing and capacity building products and events. The communication specialist is expected to:
Requirements for this position
- Coordinate overall communication strategy in consultation with project partners
- Support partners in developing capacity building and knowledge sharing material and events (incl. training material for farmers, extension material, exchange visits by farmers, etc.)
- Take lead, coordinate and supervise knowledge sharing/capacity building events (e.g., result/knowledge sharing events, video-production and editing, masterclass on seed systems, etc.)
- Facilitate internal and external communication through organization of webinars, website, blogs/newsletters etc.
We are looking for a local communication specialist to coordinate, lead and support capacity building and knowledge sharing products and events as implemented by project partners in the project. Specific requirements are:
Terms of Appointment
- Vietnamese national, proficient in English and Vietnamese writing/speaking
- At least 3 years of working experience as communication/capacity building specialist
- Hands-on experience with development of communication and capacity building material and organization of events (preferably in both Vietnamese and English).
- BSc degree or specialized training in communication and/or other relevant degree
- Affinity/background in agricultural and/or rural development (preferably with ethnic minorities)
- Excellent communication skills with interest to be part of an international and interdisciplinary team on a part-time basis for extended time.
This position concerns a part-time position (50%) or fixed number of days for 1 year, with possible extension with another year; the terms of and type of contract are to be discussed and agreed upon. The candidate will be expected to start in March 2020.
For more information about this position, please contact Kees Swaans, CIAT senior researcher/project leader (email@example.com
) and/or Ysabel Lee, CIAT communication officer for Asia (Y.A.Lee@cgiar.org).
Interested candidates are encouraged to provide a detailed CV and application letter (in English), and minimal two professional references, to CIAT Human Resources Assistant, Ms. Huyen Kieu (H.firstname.lastname@example.org
) by Wednesday, February 5th, 2020
; correspondence must clearly indicate in the subject “Application: Communication specialist NWO-SSD”.
Selection and interview will be performed in January (only short-listed candidates will be contacted).
Please indicate in your CV the duration of the BSc and MSc programs; add a scan of your BSc and MSc diploma, and a scanned of passport or identity card.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất