The Opportunity – Communications and Advocacy Assistant
This position is to support the communication and campaign work of Save the Children in Vietnam, working closely with the Communications and Advocacy Officer to ensure that all internal and external communication is effectively implemented and in compliance with Save the Children communication guidelines. In particular, the post holder will be responsible for updating the office social media, support the development of communication materials, campaign initiatives and translation for the department.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Provide post schedules and drafts for Facebook and Instagram with supervision and guidance from the Communications and Advocacy Officer (post schedules, content, management).
- Monitor social and local media regularly on what is being reported on key issues related to children and Save the Children
- Provide translation for promotional and visibility materials as necessary
- Produce quality media engagement materials, including media packs, press releases, and information sheets
- In close collaboration with Communications and Advocacy Officer, contribute to development and implementation of Save the Children in Vietnam’s communications strategy and thematic communications plans, with support from the program team
- Update all relevant Vietnam Office sites and related project sites with input from program team
- Support program teams in the development of communications materials (including program brochures, briefs, Country Office information, videos and other promotional products)
- Provide support to program teams to produce and promote case studies and success stories which highlight program achievements
- Coordinate and take initiative to disseminate Save the Children information and materials both internally and externally (including sharing publications, videos and other products within Vietnam)
- Provide information to programme teams on Save the Children and donor branding requirements to ensure correct visibility on all publications and materials
- Maintain documentation, photographic and video libraries
Campaign and Advocacy
- Work jointly with the Communications and Advocacy Officer on organization and implementation of Campaign and Advocacy initiatives, communications and events
- Coordinate Save the Children information displays at national advocacy events
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- University degree, preferably journalism or media/communications,
- 1-2 years work experience in communications or media fields
- Excellent English and Vietnamese communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in social media engagement
- Good eye for page layouts and design
- Clear understanding of the key components in brand management
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=200005VN&tz=GMT%2B07%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FBangkok
Closing Date for Application: 27th October, 2020
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round