- Strengthen people’s ownership of the development agenda through enhanced civic engagement and enabling environments for citizen action;
- Integrate volunteerism into national and global implementation strategies for the post-2015 development agenda; and
- Measure volunteerism to contribute to a holistic understanding of the engagement of people and their well-being and be part of the monitoring of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Mapping trends and evidence on volunteering for the SDGs: This workstream will help to position volunteer efforts as we scale up efforts for 2030 and beyond.
- Volunteering as SDG accelerator: This workstream will move from what we have learned and success-to-date to understanding how volunteerism might contribute to accelerating progress in tackling critical SDG challenges.
- Next generation volunteering support: This workstream asks whether and how the package of ‘enabling environment’ solutions that governments and their development partners invest in needs to be updated.
- Measuring volunteering for the SDGs: This workstream explores how volunteer measurement efforts might strengthen a people-centered approach to SDGs planning, monitoring and integration.
- Reference group, composed of IFRC and UNV at the head of agency level, providing high level strategic guidance on the organization, progress and processes towards the GTM2020, ensuring balanced representation, adequate resources and qualitative outcomes.
- Technical working group, comprising 18 entities across the globe and outlining and implementing the roadmap to 2020 with the provision of technical direction and oversight to the relevant processes.
- Expert group, providing expert feedback on a set of key evidence and knowledge products that will shape the content of the GTM2020.
- Four task teams ensuring the delivery of the agreed outputs under each of the four above mentioned thematic workstreams to generate additional evidence and produce knowledge products relevant to the GTM2020.
- Write an overall communication strategy and advocacy and outreach plan for the Plan of Action and the GTM2020 (pre/during/post communications) for agreement by UNV and partners which includes vision, objectives and use of different communications tools and channels;
- Based on the communication strategy and advocacy and outreach plan, outline the products needed (written, video and photos) for the Plan of Action and GTM2020 marketing based on content provided by members of the VASS team, including for the UNV website, Knowledge Portal, and DESA website, and devise implementation plans to put together those products agreed;
- Provide support and advice to UNV colleagues on branding and usage of the Knowledge Portal as part of the GTM2020 package;
- Brand check of all materials produced under the GTM2020 initiative.
- Write a public-facing overall narrative for the GTM2020 based on the concept of ‘reimagining volunteering’ and accompanying high-level messaging;
- In close consultation with the task teams, provide a public-facing and compelling narrative on each workstream and support each task team to come up with key insights from a non-technical perspective that are most useful to support the overall narrative of reimagining volunteering;
- Develop technical messaging for the Plan of Action, GTM2020 as an event and dialogue, and the four workstreams to be integrated into content for all communication channels used for the Plan of Action and GTM2020, including pre-testing of appropriate messages, tools and materials;
- Coordinate and develop a communications pack on each workstream including: public-facing headline messages, short and long descriptions, visual assets to be prioritized;
- Draft/develop high-quality assets for each workstream for the GTM2020, including presentations, support to commissioning videos and inputs to infographics design to support workstreams;
- Develop bespoke briefing/content packs based on broader GTM2020 content for 3 run-up events (ECOSOC Youth Forum, Beijing+25 and one other);
- Provide support to UNV colleagues and others to shape content for videos and infographics about the Plan of Action and workstreams.
- Develop an implementation plan for the advocacy campaign/outreach strategy both pre/during and post GTM2020 that provides a coherent approach across the following:
- Promotion and visibility of the GTM2020 event itself and any surrounding events such as the knowledge portal;
- Outreach to engage content as needed for the workstreams, for example, the MyWorld2030 survey, call for best practices, call for publications, and call for speakers;
- Support to disseminate content and engaging headlines/teasers in the run up to the event, including via partners;
- Any other campaigns as decided by UNV e.g. a volunteer champions campaign or photo competitions.
- Provide advice and support to UNV and other colleagues implementing the strategy.
- Support UNV colleagues by developing a media engagement plan working both directly with diverse media and via relevant partners (e.g. UN Secretariat Comms, HLPF Media Zone, UNV and UNDP regional and national bureau, DESA, IFRC etc);
- In line with other objectives and with the support of the ERCS Communications Team, develop all products required for print/online/social media, including but not limited to:
- Press releases and materials
- Social media cards and videos (Infographics and videos commissioned separately)
- Blogs/online articles on behalf of Plan of Action or UN senior management
- Provide advisory support and guidance to UNV colleagues implementing the media;
- Develop and ensure maintenance of collaboration platforms by applying innovative communication approaches to engage external partners in profile-raising and media activities in the run up to the GTM2020;
- Participate in the GTM2020 (15 July 2020) in New York to manage press, carry out live social media management, and support the livestreaming of the event;
- Regularly track the media and social media statistics and prepare regular reports on GTM2020 related communications in the lead up to and during the GTM2020;
- Coordinate with communications focal points from other Plan of Action stakeholder organizations to be identified to collaborate on the GTM2020 event itself, ensuring consistent messaging and outreach synergies.
- Develop an accessible concept note/explanatory note that can be attached to all speaker invites/briefings for the GTM2020 event;
- Draft speeches for up to 5 high-level participants from different UN entities
- Provide high quality briefing documents/packs for all other speakers, based on content provided by members of the VASS team.
- Participate in relevant GTM2020 planning and working meetings as needed;
- Keep up to date with communications and campaigns around HLPF and other relevant processes, headlines and messages to ensure that the GTM2020 is in line with wider narratives and discussions related to sustainable development and sustaining peace;
- Identify opportunities to join up with other comms and visibility activities surrounding the HLPF;
- Provide advice and inputs on communications strategy as part of the GTM2020 preparation team as needed.
- Promotion and visibility of the GTM2020 event itself and any surrounding events
- Outreach to engage content as needed for the workstreams
- headlines/teasers in the run up to the event
- Any other campaigns as decided by UNV
- Press releases and materials
- Social media cards and videos
- Blogs/online articles on behalf of Plan of Action or UN senior management
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge in the design and implementation of communications and advocacy strategies;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience based on excellent writing and editing skills at a journalistic level in English;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges and remains calm in stressful situations;
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives;
- Keeps abreast of available technology;
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate task
- Minimum 7 years of previous working experience as communications specialist
- Proven experience of having worked on at least two high level campaigns and/or events focused on development issues, including delivery of substantive communications, content development and production
- Previous experience working for the UN is an advantage.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English is a must. Knowledge of another UN languages is an asset
- Strong track record in developing and implementing communications strategies and media partnerships (40 %)
- Strong track record in creatively and innovatively forging approaches, linkages and pitches to key stakeholders (15 %)
- Familiarity with the 2030 agenda (15 %)
- Motivation Letter describing their interest in the assignment and why they are the most suitable for the work;
- Latest personal CV or P11, including past experience in similar projects and at least three references
- A technical proposal: shall describe the methodology and the approach on how to fulfil the required deliverables as well as outline the major components of its implementation;
- Work samples
- Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability-please fill in the attached form https://popp.undp.org/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/UNDP_POPP_DOCUMENT_LIBRARY/Public/PSU_%20Individual%20Contract_Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx&action=default); The financial proposal shall consist of an all-inclusive lump sum for the whole duration of the contract period, which shall include the consultancy fee, costs of living, costs for insurance, and cost of travel to and from the duty station (based on initial planning of four missions to Bonn, Germany of up to 5 days each). The financial proposal shall also contain a breakdown of these costs. The lump sum/contract price is fixed regardless of subsequent changes in the cost components.
- Merge your Cover Letter, CV, Technical Proposal and Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability (including the financial proposal) into a single file. The system does not allow for more than one attachment to be uploaded;
- Click on the Job Title (job vacancy announcement);
- Click “Apply Now” button, fill in necessary information on the first page, and then click “Submit Application;”
- Upload your application/single file as indicated above with the merged documents (underlined above);
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming receipt of your application by the system.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF