Communications and Community Mobilization Officer, Vietnam Country Program
Title: Communications and Community Mobilization Officer Department: Vietnam Country Program Location: Hochiminh - Vietnam
PATH is an international non-profit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) in 2014.The Vietnam country office is committed to respond to community health needs in Vietnam and works in such areas as reproductive, maternal, and child health, TB, HIV, vaccines and immunization, emerging and epidemic diseases, and health technologies. To achieve impact, PATH Viet Nam works across the public and private sectors and focuses on sustainable, system-level changes.
PATH will be implementing the project called “Communities for Healthy Hearts Plus” to collaborate with the health authorities, local stakeholders (both health and non-health sectors) to design a comprehensive approach toward cardio-vascular disease (CVD) risk reduction in the HCMC population, leveraging data and frontier technologies and integrated in both the PHC system and community settings that are sustainable and scalable.
PATH is seeking a Communications and Community Mobilization Officer based in HCMC to provide coordination and monitoring for project activities and implement behavior change communication strategies and community engagement of project activities.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Director, specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key communication and community mobilization focal point to provide guidance and oversight for the project communication activities implementation, including communication and mobilization planning, strategies, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Develop communication strategies, target audience profiles, tools and messages in collaboration with local authorities and partners;
- Develop community strategies and mobilize community-based groups such as women’s unions, elderly clubs, and social clubs to participate in CVD risk reduction;
- Provide support to develop work plans and activity timelines;
- Collaborate with health officials and local partner in Ho Chi Minh City for project design, implementation, and supportive supervision and monitoring regarding to project activities
- Develop and maintain an effective coordination with key local stakeholders and partners, including provincial, district, commune health partners, and local authorities regarding project planning and implementation activities.
- Track progress and outcomes from community mobilization and communication activities;
- Serve as the point person for coordinating with national/provincial partners and mass media for communication activities;
- Work with project staff and project partners to identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of communication activities.
- Coordinate with collaborating institutions, clients and partners, the press and media to promote the project’s visibility communication activities and strategies.
Required skills and experience: Bachelor degree (preferable a master) in communications, digital marketing, public relation, social sciences, public health. At least 5-year experience in communications, marketing, media, public relations, journalism or related field. Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience of behavior change communications and digital marketing. Excellent command of written and spoken in both Vietnamese and English. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural teams and partner. Able to generate creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations. Proven negotiation skills, writing and documentation competencies.
Note: this position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers are conditional upon donor approval.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/3pZXprr or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Marker Dynamics.) Deadline for applications: 17th July 2021.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam