The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Communications, Press and Media
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and proactive individual to join our Communications and Events Team at the British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Communications Team works with teams across the UK’s network in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) to communicate the UK’s activities and advocacy to audiences in Vietnam to positively influence perceptions of the UK. The successful candidate will need to work closely with Communications and Trade Managers to support the implementation of communication strategies, trade development activities, and events management internally and externally. Expect to roll up your sleeves, contribute ideas and prepare to learn a lot through hands-on experience.
Alongside delivering the communications activities, you will have a tailored programme to learn and work with British diplomats, including the Consul General.
Previous experience in events management, social media management, and an awareness of political and trade working is preferred.
Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Delivery of Consulate campaigns, working with the Communications team to promote activity
- Assisting in the creation of promotional materials (banners, backdrops. etc)
- Assisting in Consulate event organisation.
- Working with the media to promote Consulate activity;
- Developing the Consulate’s social media presence;
- Improving the Consulate’s stakeholder mapping to expand our relationships with Vietnam & UK networks;
- Leading on elements of the UK in Vietnam Network’s gender equality and diversity strategies;
- Assisting with the promotion of the Chevening Programme in Vietnam.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in Vietnamese and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications and event organisation
- Experience in designing and creating communications and promotional materials
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task effectively
- Good team-working skills and the ability to develop productive relationships with other teams around the network
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Familiarity with UK culture
- Experience in designing visuals for social media and producing videos
Required competencies: Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline: 27 December 2020
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week: 35
Duration of Post: 3 months
Region: Asia Pacific
Location (City): Ho Chi Minh City
Type of Post: British Consulate General
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary (VND): 9,000,000
Start Date: 1 February 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
The British Embassy is committed to being a learning and development organisation and encourages all staff to pursue continued learning and development in the workplace. We offer a supportive and friendly working environment where staff work to the values of: integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality. Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility, be innovative and work together.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General Ho Chi Minh is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 Vietnam Standard Time on the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Interested candidates please apply through this link no later than 27th December 2020.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi