Job Posting: 09/Oct/2020
Closure Date: 07/Nov/2020, 5:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: OER
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Various Locations
Duration: Up to 11 months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationalityPeople with disabilities are equally encouraged to applyAll applications will be treated with the strictest confidentialityThe incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Office of Emergencies and Resilience (OER) is responsible for ensuring FAO’s efforts to support countries and partners in preparing for and effectively responding to food and agricultural threats and crises. It is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of corporate tools and standards to enable Decentralized Offices to assist Members to prepare for, and respond to emergencies. OER ensures humanitarian policy coordination and knowledge, liaison with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee as well as with humanitarian resource partners, co-leadership with World Food Programme of the global Food Security Cluster, organizational preparedness, surge capacity and response to large-scale emergencies. OER supports food and nutrition security assessment and early warning activities related to emergency and humanitarian analysis and responses. OER plays a major role in the development and leadership of the Organization’s programme to increase the resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises.
FAO’s Anticipatory Action system translates warnings at country level into concrete actions to reduce the impact of disasters on vulnerable and food insecure communities. Acting early, before a disaster has actually happened, or reached its peak is critical: it can save lives and protect livelihoods from the immediate shocks while increasing the resilience of local communities over time.
FAO’s Anticipatory Action programme is part of a growing number of approaches to prevent or mitigate food crises and is being implemented by various organizations worldwide. In FAO, this initiative is supported by a number of resource partners including the EU, Germany, Belgium and Sweden.
The Communications and Outreach Specialist reports to the OER Evidence for Programming Team Leader and works in close collaboration with the OER Reporting and Outreach Team and FAO’s Office of Corporate Communication (OCC).
Support and guide the development and implementation of the FAO’s Anticipatory Action communication and visibility strategies at global, regional, sub regional and/or country level.Tasks and responsibilities
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Anticipatory Action communication and visibility strategy ;
- Monitor and analyze the performance of FAO’s anticipatory action products and milestones reached ;
- Lead the writing and editing of Anticipatory Action products including talking points, infographics, press releases, brochures, leaflets, situation reports, presentations, human interest stories etc.;
- Research, edit and produce content for various digital mediums including for websites and social media, ;
- Oversee the production of multi-media products and provide technical feedback when required ;
- Coordinate the collection of communication materials from decentralized offices ;
- Manage the inclusion of multi-media collection from decentralized offices into project documents and budgets ;
- Coordinate partner and donor visibility efforts including report writing, presentations and ad-hoc updates ;
- Engage with the OCC media relations team to support and facilitate OCCM media outreach aimed at winning earned coverage that documents FAO’s successes with anticipatory action ;
- With key partners, support the production of joint reports, publications, events, stories or news-articles, particularly those which will be showcased on the Anticipation Hub ;
- For all public facing communication outputs via all channels/platforms, ensure alignment and compliance with house style and relevant corporate communication guidelines, seeking OCC final clearance as appropriate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Advocacy, Communications, Media Studies, Journalism or in a related field ;
- At least five years of relevant experience in communication, public information, media production or journalism ;
- Working knowledge of English (sufficient for PSA.SBS) and at least limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) for COF.REG.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of and experience with video production, digital design or photography would be an asset ;
- Extent and relevance of experience working in English to edit and write high-quality materials for a wide range of audiences;
- Extent and relevance of experience in contributing to outreach and visibility efforts, particularly related to humanitarian contexts ;
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable ;
- Depth of knowledge of agricultural threats and crises ;
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships.
- Experience in developing countries, especially in countries that are vulnerable to disaster or other emergency risks would be an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
If you are in possession of language certificate/s from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate/s when submitting the application.
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
02/11/2020Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR)
26/10/2020Quỹ Hỗ trợ Phát triển Thanh niên (FYE)
31/10/2020Quỹ Hỗ trợ Phát triển Thanh niên (FYE)
31/10/2020Quỹ Hỗ trợ Phát triển Thanh niên (FYE)
31/10/2020Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
01/11/2020Save Vietnam's Wildlife