BackgroundWorld Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WVI Vietnam’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision International in Vietnam (WVI Vietnam) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVI Vietnam consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVI Vietnam employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVI Vietnam is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVI Vietnam’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVI Vietnam’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVI Vietnam is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Purpose of PositionThe communications and PE Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the communication and public engagement team to strengthen and protect World Vision Viet Nam’s brand and enhance its reputation as a partner of choice for child wellbeing in Viet Nam with the Government, Donors, Media and Public. S/he will develop and lead the implementation of the public engagement and communication strategy, in close coordination and collaboration with the senior leadership team and other relevant departments, that ensures a positive brand experience and brand awareness of the organisation externally and within the WV Partnership. The position will ensure stories about World Vision Viet Nam's work with vulnerable children and communities and its impact are well told and understood by both external and internal stakeholders, and leaders and staff are recognized and trusted as ambassadors for WV V and child wellbeing.
1. Partnerships and Strategic External Engagement (25%)
2. Management & Leadership (35%)
- Develop and implement Context-driven and integrated communications and PE business plan that supports organizational and ministry funding strategy (at national and Partnership levels), and that strongly directs and positions WV Viet Nam for resource growth, “voice,” policy positions, trust, reputation, and influence to internal and external stakeholders (government, media, private sector, academia, health/water/education/livelihoods sectors, non-governmental organizations and the WVI Partnership). This business plan will identify the key communications and partnership needs of World Vision Viet Nam, while setting and steering strategic communications and marketing goals and processes that are contextualized to and in alignment with its core ministry functions and goals and to that of Our Promise.
- Support the Joint resource mobilization model (JMAP with communication and digital marketing strategy to strengthen the international marketing funding channels.
- Develop/and lead the execution of specific strategies to support more effective public engagement and communication of WVV internally and externally, including the brand strategy, media engagement strategy, digital engagement strategy, and others in alignment with the target set on the plan in supporting WV better positioning with external stakeholders.
- Ensure that external engagement initiatives are positioned and promoted
- Recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support country team
- Ensure a strong relationship development plan with priority media, influencers, Ambassadors, and other relevant partners is in place, managed, and monitored. This may include travel with partners’ contact and attending business and networking sessions/events.
- Identify and partner with the consulting group and external partners.
- Seek and identify local & global influencers who can serve as ambassadors for WV Viet Nam in reaching out to external stakeholders.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize WV Viet Nam media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting materials, as needed.
- Strategically position World Vision in mainstream and social media to mobilize public support for social and policy change.
3. Accountability & Quality Assurance (20%)
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the National Director as a communications and organizational leader.
- Ensure senior and cross-functional teams have broad understanding of how communications integrate with and strengthens organizational strategy, programming, operations, resource acquisition, and support functions.
- Lead the effective performance of the Comms and PE division in providing direct, support and quality assurance to ensure effective communications management for: Donor/public engagement & resource acquisition, Emergency communications & Media relations, High-level advocacy, Internal communications
- Lead evidence-based content gathering, content design, production, positioning, management and use of social media platforms and WVFT website, major events, campaigns
- Build a high-performance communications & PE function that is managed, structured, focused and resourced for productive and quality work.
- Review and Comms and PE systems, structure, and staffing needs for the team as needed, in alignment with the landscape and strategy changes and strengthening accountability to donors.
- Provide line management and mentoring for all team members, including Performance Management and coaching for performance.
- Support the resource development team in the development communication collaterals for resource acquisition and management to ensure alignment with the overall public engagement and communication strategy.
- Execute and ensure strong monitoring and evaluation of the plan, including ensuring deliverables that are continuously improved.
- Oversee and grow effective social and multimedia strategy across channels to increase WV V brand awareness and continuous brand building.
- Establish internal connections with relevant Support Offices to promote international media engagement while adhering to the Global Media Protocols and guidelines.
- Plan and manage communications in response to both slow- and rapid-onset emergency disaster/relief situations – ensuring that the WV Partnership is provided with quality stories, photos, and media interviews from the field.
4. Networking and Coordination (15%)
- Support and collaborate with department heads in the planning and production of compelling and partnership fundraising, advocacy, and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print, and video) for influential donor and public engagement by WV Viet Nam – both in-country and internationally, and in collaboration with other World Vision Offices if/as appropriate.
- Manage the production and provision of high-quality information resources and materials for donor and public engagement.
- Work with the Grants / resource development departments to develop donor and marketing pre-positioning communications resources.
- Develop the standards and guidelines for public engagement and communication applicable to the organization to ensure all staff and partners apply consistent and positive messages and branding. The criteria and guidelines should align with global WVI guidelines on engagement and communication.
- Support and collaborate with other teams in the creation of positive impact stories that are based on programme evidence and in alignment with the standards and guidelines
- Support and collaborate with other teams to ensure alignment and compliance with donors/supporters' requirements related to public engagement and communication
- Coordinate and organize annual best practices documentation in coordination and collaboration with the programme and other teams.
- Ensure that stories, photos, and other materials are produced to standards of quality required for informing, educating, and engaging said donors and the public via Partnership websites, Global centre prescribed channels, magazines, adverts, donor appeals, media releases, and other communications channels and outlets
- Coordinate and support the senior leadership team in reputation management with appropriate risk communication strategy, including developing messages, SLT briefing/debriefing, etc. in an agile and proactive way, in line with WVI global standards.
5. Capacity Building (10%)
- Support SLT’s positioning efforts with donors, corporations and high-level government officials.
- Ensure leaders and staff are inspired and engaged by stories of WV V work and its impact and are equipped to act as trusted spokespeople. This involves close collaboration with the Advocacy team to ensure compelling content development and its use in support of Public Affairs and Advocacy activities.
- Preparing leaders as required for major events, activities
- Equipping staff with the required knowledge and skills to act as WV V ambassadors.
- Develop/and lead the execution of a specific internal communication strategy for WV V that supports stronger awareness and understanding of the organization among staff.
- Strengthen communications capability and assure brand alignment across the national office to enhance organizational culture and effectiveness.
- Engage staff and leaders to engage in and champion World Vision’s global story and the national perspective through multiple internal channels, perspectives and events.
- Contribute to the production and dissemination of country programmes reports.
- With support from the Regional Office and guidance, execute and monitor for compliance with required communications policies and ensure staff understanding.
- Support the management of events that position World Vision as a partner of choice.
- In collaboration with the national office departments’ leads, contribute to the development of a national external engagement plan for coordination, positioning and enhancing World Vision’s influence and impact.
- Support advocacy in positioning and promoting global campaigns like It Takes A World to End Violence Against Children, agreed Global Moments, and key joint national and global engagement initiatives by producing compelling content, engaging media and digital channels.
- Develop, support and implement capacity-building initiatives and plans that include branding, content development and digital engagement in close coordination with Operations, People & Culture, and Regional Office.
- Ensure that the communications team has all essential tools and training required for rapid deployments to and communications from the field for extended periods.
- Identify brief and train media spokespersons within WV V – from the Area Program -project level to senior leadership to ensure on-brand messaging that positions WV and promotes its operations and impact.
- Identify and nurture talent and potential successors.
- Model behaviors that enable staff to live out WV V core values.
- Partner with staff to ensure ongoing learning and effective performance
Knowledge & SkillRequired Professional Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in leading and managing communications and production teams in international NGOs or Creative Industries.
- General experience in project management, with specific experience in the production of diverse and creative communications projects, including publications, multimedia, websites/pages, photos and video reports, etc.
- Advanced communications technical skills such as photo and video production, editorial, graphic design, and media relations
- Proven experience of training and capacity building of others
- Experience working with children and youthKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Experience1. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
2. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in communications/ creative management/ public relations/ journalism
3. Other Competencies/Attributes:
- English language fluency (verbal and written)
- Excellent writing skills, with strong understanding of photographic and/or video skills preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and to relate cross-culturally with a wide range of international constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to think and manage strategically, plan and meet deadlines
- An energetic, analytical and self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience in Donor engagement, internal communications, emergency communications and some level of advocacy communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills, with photographic and/or video skills also preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think and manage strategically, plan and meet deadlines.
- Strong competency in developing and reviewing impact stories, production scripts and media briefings.
- Rich experience in Brand Management.
- Demonstrate ability to Lead and manage strategically and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in the development and production of a wide array of communication materials such as publications, TV & video documentaries, web, and other media.
- Demonstrate rich portfolio of Strategic Communications experience and ability to utilize public relations to forge stronger constituency consensus.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent journalistic (verbal and written), Media Relations and Media Production skills.
How to applyPlease send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: [WVV Position] - Your Name
Deadline: May 15, 2023
Tags: Hà Nội, World Vision (WVV), WVV
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi