CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
|Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) in Asia|
|Home-based (with preference for locations in the Asia-Pacific region)|
|Consultancy contract (up to 30 weeks/ 6 months)|
Estimated Start Date:
|As soon as possible|
Nature of consultancy:
|Consultant to support and lead digital communication and outreach with project stakeholders. The consultant will take a coordinating and planning role in the continued development and implementation of IOM CREST’s communications strategy. This will include finalizing the development of a new CREST website and driving online engagement, content development, and reach of strategic messages to CREST target audiences.|
|Closing Date:||11 April 2021|
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN Migration Agency, is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 172 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting safe, orderly and regular migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The private sector is an important partner in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the Global Compact for Migration. Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) is a regional partnership initiative implemented by IOM in Asia that supports businesses in upholding the human and labour rights of migrant workers in key sectors and migration corridors. Building on the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, IOM develop partnerships and projects with businesses to build commitments to end exploitation of migrant workers, implement human rights standards that address migrant workers’ vulnerabilities, and promote collaboration across sectors and all stakeholders for sustainable positive change.
IOM is looking for a consultant to support and lead digital communication and outreach with project stakeholders. Under the direct supervision of the CREST project manager, the incumbent will take a coordinating and planning role in the continued development and implementation of IOM CREST’s communications strategy. This will include finalizing the development of a new CREST website and driving online engagement, content development, and reach of strategic messages to CREST target audiences.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Deliverable 1: The IOM CREST online communication (website and newsletter). Tasks include but are not limited to:
- In coordination with the project assistant, UX designer and IOM Online Communications Unit (OCU), progress and finalize the development and update of the IOM CREST website, including its the maintenance and the reach with IOM CREST target audiences as defined in the IOM CREST communications strategy. Maintain coordination with all involved staff towards the finalization.
- Continue to develop (and manage the development of) creative pieces of content for the IOM CREST website to enhance understanding of migrant worker vulnerabilities in international supply chains. This includes planning and possibly scripting human impact stories for the website and newsletter in coordination with the regional team and relevant IOM units.
- Generate traffic and strengthen substantive and meaningful digital engagement through strategic messaging, audio-visual content, case stories and partner engagement, as well as SEO with a particular focus on generating engagement and dissemination of IOM CREST tools and resources through the website and newsletter.
- Strengthen strategic messaging, planning and dissemination of the CREST newsletter with a special focus on preparing the launch of forthcoming key CREST tools and resources.
- Update the IOM CREST communication materials such as flyers, 2-pagers, template power point presentations to align with IOM Brand Guidelines and the IOM CREST website.
Deliverable 2: Planning and coordination of strategic communication efforts Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assess and review the CREST communications strategy and tools to set up the communications planning framework for 2021 and 2022 based on the annual work plans and in coordination with the IOM CREST regional team.
- Plan and manage the implementation of the CREST communications strategy. This includes preparing the launch and dissemination of forthcoming IOM CREST key work products and tools in coordination with the regional IOM CREST team.
- Create recommended social media posts and assets for promotion of CREST products, activities and resources across IOM organizational and CREST staff professional accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Ensure social media promotion is reflected in broader strategic dissemination and engagement plans.
- Enhance outreach activities related to IOM CREST communication efforts, including for resource mobilization purposes; outreach may include, but not be limited to, meetings, content launches, participation in and/ or organization of virtual events.
- Build the ability of the IOM CREST project team to maintain and implement the communications strategy and work plan of the project; this may include preparation of talking points, presentations, etc.
Deliverable 3: Build IOM CREST content. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assess and oversee relevant content management systems, including photo and web assets. Ensure CREST project content is also shared and stored with IOM institutional content repositories where appropriate for wider and sustained use.
- Plan and coordinate collection of visual materials such as photos and videos for story telling purposes in coordination with IOM CREST regional team and MCD ROAP.
- Plan, coordinate and quality assure content such as project info sheets, background briefs, and infographic materials in coordination with the regional CREST team.
- Coordinate external service providers including web-design, illustrative designers, consultants and translation services.
- Provide support, where necessary, with regard to initiating and/ or furthering partnerships.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
3. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Multi-Media Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least one year of relevant work experience; or
- University Degree in above fields from an accredited academic institution with three years relevant work experience.
- Experience in online communication from a media agency or non-profit environment and experience managing projects.
- Experience from planning and implementing online communication strategies, including social media campaigns.
- Strong English writing, storytelling, communication and presentation skills.
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data. Familiarity with online analytics would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the following applications and platforms: WordPress, CRM (e.g. MailChimp), web-based analytics and video editing software.
- Familiarity and comfort with the issues of human rights, human trafficking and other issues related to migration and exploitation would be an advantage;
- Virtual and in-person event organization, promotion and marketing experience would be an advantageExperience working in an international environment is essential; experience working in the Asia Pacific region will be strongly preferred;
Media and Communications
- Drives and fosters understanding of Media and Communications concepts amongst key personnel in IOM;
- Correctly and effectively applies knowledge of traditional and social media;
- Interfaces across units and departments within IOM to extract relevant information.
- English: Excellent, both written and spoken
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and remuneration expectations in English by 11 April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line 'Name – CREST communication Consultant’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From From 25 March to 11 April 2021
To Download the complete IOM Personal History form, please click here. Note: In order to view the IOM Personal History form, must have Microsoft Word.
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization