|Functional Area||Influencing, Communications & Campaign|
|Reports to||APAC Regional Lead for Communications & Campaign cum PIV Influencing and Communications Manager|
|Location||Based in PIV CO||Travel required||Yes|
|Effective Date||Sept 2020||Grade||D1|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnership for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, including 14 in Asia.
Effective influencing & communication plays a key role in Plan International achieving its goals and objectives at every level; from programs to advocacy to media outreach to brand awareness.
The APAC Regional and PIV Communications Coordinator will support the Influencing & Communications Unit in coordinating and support regional/national communications and influencing initiatives and support the implementation of both APAC Region and PIV strategic goals and the delivery of global, regional, country-level communications objectives.
Under the supervision of the Regional Lead for Communications & Campaign/PIV Influencing Manager, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring Plan International APAC and Plan International Vietnam is visible, engaging, respected and active on priority channels, as a well- known brand that is associated with its organizational priorities, and is working towards a clearly defined set of goals that supports Plan International’s strategic global vision and change journey.
S/he will work with regional and PIV teams to increase communications impact across the region, come up with good ideas, activities, materials and initiatives in support of the campaign, contribute to the development of capacity building initiatives, contribute to ensure the unified message within the region and to ensure consistent monitoring and reporting against the regional/national strategic goals.
In order to accomplish these goals, this position will be working with Plan International’s Communications staff in offices across the region to coordinate communications efforts and high- quality content from the region, including but not limited to offline events, video, photographic, media and case studies.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
- Budget: This position will work in conjunction with the Regional and PIV’s Communications budget
- Area of Responsibility: Visibility, Internal Communications, Public/Media Relation and Programme Communications
- Staff reporting to the role: None
- Networks: Regional, COs, NOs and GH Communications counterparts
1. Public and Media Relations:
- Assist with the development of media materials, including press releases, backgrounders, speaking notes, briefing documents; outreach to media in APAC region and in Vietnam, inquiries and other
- Maintain media contact list; identify opportunities for
- Support the maintenance of the editorial calendar; identify opportunities for engagements in APAC region and in
- Manage a media tracker and track relevant coverage featuring Plan International and industry-related information that can be flagged with the regional
- Provide support for internally and externally-facilitated on-site events, press conferences, meetings and
- Coordinate media/ celebrity visits to
2. Internal Communications:
- Ensure Plan International staff in the region and in Vietnam are informed up-to-date news and information related to communications and influencing
- Draft, Design and disseminate news
- Regularly maintain Plan International’s Media Bank database in conjunction with global standards, including tagging and filling of photos, videos and
- Support regional and PIV management team to draft communications updates, achievements and key information to staff in APAC region and in
- Support regional and PIV Communications team in budget monitoring, consolidating reports and dealing with logistic/admin/procurement support, as
3. Visibility and Brand Awareness:
- Raise Plan International’s profile in APAC region and in Vietnam through quality production and dissemination of corporate materials, including brochures, flyers, banners, marketing
- Support regional and country management team and programme colleagues on how best to communicate and share knowledge within their network through the development of engaging content, including stories, images, videos and
- Assist with design, layout, photographic and video editing, as
- Ensure correct use of corporate identity and branding
- Ensure that Plan International Safeguarding policy is applied in all communications
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
This post holder has to directly contact with different stakeholders at both regional and national levels, including:
- Colleagues at PIV, NOs, CO counterparts, RHs & GH Externally:
- Children, Youth and communities
- Local partners: teachers, health workers, commune/district leaders, members of unions…
- UN, other INGOs and CSOs
- The media
- Sponsors, Donors
- Massive audiences
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in related fields (communications, marketing, journalism).
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience working as a professional
- Experience in dealing with the media, event management, public relation and internal communications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Good graphic design skills for online and printed products (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator…)
- Strong commitment to raise the profile of issues affecting children and their families in communities affected
- Strong organisational abilities; able to prioritise and manage different projects across diverse themes despite competing
- Knowledge of press and PR (experience in work in the development sector would be particularly advantageous).
- Strong experience in outcomes-focused strategic communications and planning across the spectrum of media formats and genres
- Ability to work in multiple different cultural contexts and deliver to tight deadline
- Exceptional interpersonal communications, digital and writing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Facilitation, Coaching and training, including ability to design and conduct meetings, trainings and related Ability to communicate with children in a positive and non-threatening way, creating space for them to share their views and feel heard
- Analytical and problem solving
- Conflict management
- Budgeting and financial management
- Excellent office computer software
- Previous experience with INGO working in mountainous, ethnic areas and marginalized people is an advantage
- Knowledge of gender transformative and feminist leadership
- Willing to learn and change toward better, result orientated mid set
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or
- Evidence-based and evaluates
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
This position bases at PIV CO. However, the job holder is expected to spend 30% of time for travelling to support PIV, other CO counterparts and the region.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Working location: Hanoi
Subject mail: [Plan International – 092020] Position – Fullname
Deadline: 25th September 2020
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/10/2020UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
12/10/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
12/10/2020U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy Service for Providing Training on Business Planning and Pitching Skills for Start-up Youth/Entrepreneurs in Lao Cai ProvinceAide et Action (AEA)
07/10/2020Save the Children