About World Wide Fund for Nature in Viet Nam
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. We’re experiencing a growing realization that nature is our life-support system and that no one will be spared from the impacts of its loss.
Here at WWF, an independent conservation organization active in nearly 100 countries, we are working to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. We are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030 – a New Deal for Nature and People as comprehensive as the global climate deal. Working with many others – from individuals and communities to business and government – WWF urgently seeks to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Our mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by:
- conserving the world’s biological diversity;
- ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable;
- promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Intern is under the direct supervision of the Media & Biodiversity Conservation Communications Manager and will be assisting the Digital Manager, Internal Communications Officer and Campaign & Footprint Conservation Communications Manager in the following tasks:
- Assist the creation of articles, newsletters, editorials, PR, stories, and other similar publications-related outputs in support of, but not limited to, the WWF-Viet Nam’s Biodiversity and Footprints programmes;
- Keep track of media coverage both internationally and nationally;
- Assist in digital and social media management activities such as content creating, keeping track of social media trends and contributing ideas to enhance social media performance;
- Manage Information and Knowledge: assist the Internal Communications Officer to upload selected footages and images to the Global photos & videos pool, and upload digital comms assets to Communications Filing system;
- Support development of communication products such as brochures, posters, banners, video etc.;
- Assist the communications team in any other Communications work including translating communication materials when needed.
Required qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Currently pursuing or obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field;
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
- Can Do attitude;
- Passionate about communications and conservation;
- Experience in designing and / or photography will be an advantage;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Respect, Integrity and Collaboration;
- This job description covers the main tasks. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
Duration: January – June 2022 (full time)
Interested applicants can email their CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Communications Intern. Deadline for applications: 13 December 2021.
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)