USAID Trade Facilitation Program
SCOPE OF WORK
Proposed Personnel: Communications Manager
Cooperating Country National or Expatriate-Resident Hire)
Period of Performance: October 1, 2021 – May 1, 2023
Note: This vacancy is open to Vietnamese Citizens and Resident-Hire U.S. Nationals (USNs) or Third Country Nationals (TCNs) who are currently and legally residing in Vietnam. Expatriate applicants must hold the necessary visas, residency and work permit or exemptions to be allowed to work legally in Vietnam. Expatriate applicants holding a valid Temporary Residence Card and hold a valid work permit may be considered. Nathan Associates Inc. Hanoi is neither responsible for providing any support to resolve visa or work permit issues prior to employment nor accepting the work permit guaranteed by a third party.
The USAID Trade Facilitation Program aims to support Vietnam to adopt and implement a risk management approach to customs, which will facilitate the implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), of which both Vietnam and the United States (U.S.) are members. The Program will work with The General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to ensure simplification, harmonization, professionalization, and adoption and implementation of risk management approaches at the national and provincial levels to expedite cross-border trade and to enable Vietnam to implement WTO TFA commitments. The Program will work with the GDVC, private sector and other Government of Vietnam (GVN) agencies to simplify policies and across GVN units, foster stronger linkages between national and provincial levels, and improve coordination and implementation at the provincial level.
The Communications Manager will report to the Chief of Party and will assist in ensuring efficient, effective, and compliant delivery of technical assistance activities and related reports/deliverables under the scope of the Program.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead communications-focused activities and provide additional assistance/support to technical activities while ensuring efficient and effective management of communications resources.
- Serve as lead writer for the quarterly and annual reports. These are to be produced in English using technical content provided by each of the activity leaders and must adhere to USAID marking and branding requirements as well as USAID’s “plain language” mandate to communicate complex technical topics in an “easy to understand” and compelling manner.
- Produce two success stories per quarter with the support of the technical and MEL staff.
- Manage overall project communications, refine, and implement communications strategies, and supervise the Communications Specialist.
- Draft, review, or finalize press releases, media kits, and other communications materials to support technical activities.
- Act as final editor/consolidator and ensure quality of key project deliverables and reports.
- Oversee implementation of the branding and marking plan and ensure compliance of all deliverables to USAID standards.
- Design or conceptualize communications materials including newsletters, videos, etc.
- Co-leading procurement of communications-related materials or media engagement services.
- Together with the Communications Specialist, manage media engagement services.
- Other tasks as directed by the Chief of Party or his designee.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in social sciences, communications/marketing, international relations, international development, or related fields). From an accredited US university, preferred.
- Five (5) years of work experience, at least three (3) of which with international organizations and/or foreign donors.
- Clear communications and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with strategic communications/marketing principles.
- Ability to explain technical ideas and language to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in copyediting and formatting of a variety of time-sensitive materials.
- Experience on USAID-funded activities.
- Native-level fluency in English (IELTS band 7.0 and above)
- A writing sample in English is required as part of the application.
- Master’s degree in international development/relations or related fields. From an accredited US university, preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in development communications.
- International work experience.
- Experience in writing speeches, talking points, or press releases.
- Familiarity with USAID branding and marking, writing style and Plain Language requirements.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to utilize a variety of photo, graphic design, and video editing tools.
- Fluency in Vietnamese (if expatriate).
The Communications Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send applications no later than 30/09/2021 to email@example.com
Organisation Name: Nathan
Application Deadline: Thu, 2021-09-30
21/10/2021The Oxford Unniversity Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU)
31/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
21/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV