The Opportunity - Communications Officer
The role of Communications Officer is collaboration with project team in implementation of communications, advocacy and campaign activities, media engagement plans, and social behavioral change (SBC) material development for maternal and newborn health programming.
The post holder will lead the production and development of communications materials for the Baby Cap campaign, SBC materials, case stories, photos, and video clips that are necessary for communications with donors, stakeholders, government and beneficiaries. The post holder will also ensure compliance with safeguarding, data protection, branding and other donor, government and Save the Children requirements for campaign and advocacy initiatives.
Campaign and Communications
- Develop and oversee communication plan activities for the project, including clear roles and responsibilities for staff and partners
- Lead on development of SBC materials and implementation of public awareness and campaign activities, producing social media materials.
- Coordinate with project team in planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting on communication and campaign initiatives.
- Work with the Health and Nutrition MEAL officer in communicating project evidence and best practices to support and inform implementation of advocacy plan and achievement of project results at scale
- Maintain and nurture relationships with Save the Children Korea on requirements for communications product such as case stories, photos and video clips
- Actively engage the local media to raise Save the Children’s public profile and spread messages from Save the Children that can help communicate relevant messages and gain acceptance from the general public, partners and beneficiaries
- Produce and ensure the quality of media engagement materials, including media packs, press releases, and information sheets
- Lead media and Donors field visits
- Obtain approvals for media content as per relevant Save the Children’s procedures and protocols, and in line with Vietnamese laws.
- Build capacity of project staff and Partners to understand the advocacy, campaign and communications approaches, tools and requirements
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health (preferable) or related field with health related experiences
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in journalism or media/communications or related
- 1-2 years work experience in communications or media fields
- Good English and Vietnamese communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to deliver key messages to the media
- Extensive experience with social media engagement
- Skilled in doing page layouts and design
- Experience in social and other public awareness campaigns
- Strong personal organizational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel frequently to hard to reach locations and work effectively in a remote team environment
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including child rights-based approaches.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to email@example.com
Closing Date for Application: 13th July,2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation