Title: Communications Officer
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Department: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to support health care providers and communities prevent and respond to communicable and non-communicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities (GHSP). PATH is now providing technical assistance to the MOH and to hospitals and their laboratories to strengthen infection prevention and control (IPC) systems, improve hospital-acquired infection (HAI) surveillance, and accelerate surveillance of COVID-19 outbreaks and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Key to the success of the GHSP in Vietnam are close collaborations between PATH and the MOH, local organizations, and the CDC. To ensure functional and sustainable health systems, the GHSP focuses on building capacity of staff at local agencies and organizations by developing training materials and courses and offering tailored technical assistance.
PATH is seeking a Communication Officer, based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The Communication Officer will be responsible for providing coordination, technical and programmatic support implementation of COVID-19 Communications activities to assist IPC on COVID-19 in community settings in the country including factory’s workers. The Communications Officer will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Collect all COVID-19 communications material and guidelines, and tailor these materials to respond to project’s target audience’s needs.
- Work with team to review COVID-19 training and communication materials factory workers
- Liaise and coordinate with Donor’s factory workers, management, and health personnel in targeted provinces to understand their needs related to COVID-19 outreach, prevention, care, treatment, and support services. Work with team to develop COVID-19 communications materials for online and off-line use
- Create creative online contents (including clips, communication visuals...) for various platforms, including the Website, Facebook, and manage engagement/responses from the community.
- Develop COVID-19 communications campaigns to meet the needs of various targeted audiences, online and off-line.
- Develop project’s presentations, and reports.
- Define standards operating procedures (SOPs), quality assurance/quality improvement (QA/QI) checklists, and job aids to support online and offline training and communication activities
- Develop online client feedback and satisfaction tools, that are informed by target users in terms of design and content
- Provide technical assistance to project partners in running their own online to offline reach and service referral link efforts
- Provide on the job training, mentoring, and hands on coaching to partners
- Conduct regular monitoring to assess target audience use and feedback on reach and link efforts.
- Monitor sub-contractors and consultants (as assigned) to ensure they implement project activities timely and effectively and achieve project targets
- Assist with the general day-to-day communication tasks.
- Other tasks required
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in public health, international development, communication, or journalism
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communication program area
- Commitment and passion for communications works.
- Demonstrable interests & certain experience in developing creative social media content and effectively managing social media channels and content schedules
- Experiences, expertise in videos, photography, design... are highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in an international environment
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google ads/ Google analytics, Facebook analytics
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English to include reading, speaking and writing
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/3qTpQKl or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Marketing and Communications). Deadline for applications: 18th December 2021
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.
* Please advise:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
10/12/2021Consulate General of India Ho Chi Minh City
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Save the Children
08/12/2021Save the Children
08/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
15/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Cục Xúc tiến Thương mại - Bộ Công Thương