Pacific Environment (pacificenvironment.org) is looking for a dynamic communicator to fill our full-time opening for a Communications Officer.
As the Communications Officer, you will have the opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and tell the world that Zero Waste is best achieved together! In this role, you will meet local heroes battling plastic pollution, tell their stories, and facilitate their storytelling in the digital realm. You will also have an opportunity to co-design and share your expertise in digital communications strategies while learning from our campaign team, our partner network, and the communities that we serve.
Job Type: full-time contractual position
Location and work arrangement: The Officer should be based in Vietnam, with a preferred location of Da Nang, but Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Hoi An, or Phu Yen locations are also welcomed. The Officer will work remotely from home in tight collaboration with the other two Vietnam-based members of our plastic pollution campaign team.
Position Responsibilities: As the Communications Officer, you will:
A. Co-design and co-implement Vietnam Zero Waste Alliance (https://www.facebook.com/LienminhKhongracVietNam) (VZWA)’s social media strategy, digital campaign, and digital content by:
· Managing social media channels (website, fan page, Linkedin, Youtube, etc)
· Tracking trending social media topics, news, case studies, articles, best practices in environmental issues, and developing response strategies and content
· Supporting the development and management of online platforms and tools
· Tracking member organizations’ social media platforms for the purpose of cross-posting
· Providing communications support to Alliance member organizations, including co-development of articles that amplify their stories and advocacy positions
· Collating online media coverage and forwarding to the team with analysis
B. Develop and strengthen plastic reduction digital campaigns by:
· Working with our team and Alliance partners to develop campaign plans targeting specific outcomes
· Representing VZWA in the development of joint digital campaigns alongside partners
· Engaging with existing and potential influencers and online volunteers
· Building and maintaining online communities and relationships
C. Create digital content by:
· Planning for and producing communications materials including feature and human interest stories, letters to the editors, brochures, videos, photo stories, memes, newsletter, infographics, etc
D. Facilitate internal systems by:
· Managing VZWA’s membership and internship application systems.
We seek a candidate with a background in journalism and/or the development of digital communications for specific target audiences. The ideal individual will be an excellent communicator, particularly in written Vietnamese, and also possess a working knowledge of English. At least three years of experience in communications is strongly preferred, encompassing familiarity with social media content authorship and account management, search engine optimization, graphic design, data visualization, infographic development, and video editing. Our desired candidate would also have experience working in cross-cultural environments, capacity to multi-task, flexibility with working hours (to accommodate calls with the global team that occurs outside of regular working hours), an orientation toward solutions, willingness to travel occasionally, and a passion for environmental conservation.
A love for the environment and community-based work is also a must.
To Apply: Please send your application to email@example.com with “Vietnam Communications Officer (Your Name)” in the subject line, and include the following materials:
o Your resume,
o A cover letter,
o At least 1 reference (IMPORTANT: your references must be your immediate supervisor or manager, or colleagues who worked closely with you in recent programs/projects/campaigns); o At least 2 digital communications work samples or references/links to programs/ projects you led or spearheaded.
The due date for applications: The position will remain open until filled. Applications received by February 15 will definitely be reviewed.
Estimated start date: March 1, 2022 Pacific Environment values diversity.
Pacific Environment is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, class, sex, creed, ethnicity, race, national origin, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, gender expression, and veteran status.