The Wolbachia Method Project in Southern Vietnam (WMP-SVN) is implemented collaboratively by The World Mosquito Program (WMP) – a global not-for-profit initiative that works to protect the global community from mosquito-borne diseases such as dengue, Zika, chikungunya, and yellow fever, Action on Poverty (AOP) – an international aid organization with a network of partners around the world working together to break the poverty cycle, and the Pasteur Institute in Ho Chi Minh City, to evaluate the stable establishment of Wolbachia-carying aedes aeqypti in two project sites of Thu Dau Mot city, Binh Duong province and My Tho city, Tien Giang province and prepare for the eficacy study of Wolbachia method on dengue prevention in the coming period of Vietnam.
WMP-SVN is now seeking well-qualified, highly motivated candidates to fill the vacancy of Community Engagement Officer.
- Implement and coordinate a range of community and stakeholder engagement activities in Southern Vietnam;
- Get individuals, communities, local interest groups’ input on WMP activities through group presentations, in-person interviews, focus and reference groups, community displays and public meetings;
- Establish and manage Community Reference Groups (CRGs);
- Manage Issues Management System (IMS) for the project. This includes responding to any enquiries using initiative and judgement to handle or refer matters appropriately, and assist with administrative support and field deployment tasks/assignments as required;
- Foster professional and effective working relationships with external stakeholders;
- Ensure consistent local delivery of communications activities in line with WMP requirements;
- Maintain a database on community engagement activities, including regularly updated lists of project presentations and meetings, and individual’s contact information for email and mail out lists;
- Provide written and photographic content for WMP newsletters, e-newsletters, brochures, website and other communications materials;
- Guide and train project teams and external providers interacting with communities, to ensure consistency and quality of messages, and alignment with project objectives;
- Regularly measure and report on the performance of engagement strategy against goals and key indicators of public acceptance.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent professional qualifications in relevant fields (i.e development studies, public health or social sciences).
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and constructively with local communities, including operational hands-on capacity in community-based settings and experience conducting group presentations, in-person interviews, focus and reference groups, community displays and public meeting;
- Experience in delivering the communications components of major projects, with demonstrated ability in identifying stakeholders, through knowledge of existing local networks in the two areas, and implementing activities to keep them informed;
- Knowledge of community engagement issues and an understanding of their implications for the development, implementation and evaluation of community engagement plans;
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to solve issues in response to changing work environments and demands, negotiate, provide advice and liaise with a wide range of individuals and agencies;
- A high level of computer literacy, including demonstrated experience in learning and adopting new software packages as required;
- High-level English and Vietnamese comprehension, both spoken and written;
- Experience in not-for-profit organisations, social or community work, or science outreach.
Other job-related information
• Significant travel to oversee project sites, potentially for extended periods to immerse with local teams;
• Out of hours work (including evenings, weekends and public holidays) may be required to accommodate periods of increased work and travel;
• There may be peak periods of work during which the taking of leave may be restricted.
Please find attached JD for more information.
The Community Engagement Officer will be located in Ho Chi Minh city. He/she develops and maintains relationships with a range of local interest groups, builds the local knowledge base, and disseminates information.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and cover letter in English with the subject line of “WMP-SVN Community Engagement Officer – Your full name” to firstname.lastname@example.org only. Please note that this position is intended for a Vietnamese national. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Early applications by 9th February 2021 are strongly encouraged. While we appreciate all responses, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
11/03/2021USAID Wildlife Asia
11/03/2021Đại sứ quán Hàn quốc
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
07/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
01/05/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
All year roundWorld Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông vì sự phát triển bền vững (CSD)
31/03/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
14/03/2021World Vision (WVV)
20/03/2021World Vision (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision (WVV)