U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh CityFOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HOCHIMINH-2023-02-Intern_CLO
- Open to: All non-U.S. citizen university students resident in Vietnam
- Position: Community Liaison Office (CLO) Student Intern (2 positions)
- Opening date: September 15, 2023
- Closing date: September 29, 2023
- Work hours: Part-time (minimum 20+ hours/week)
- Length of internship program: Six (6) to twelve (12) months
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
Basic functions of position
The CLO Internship program benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.CLO Interns will be responsible for: 1) Answer community questions by researching local resources 2) Help with bi-weekly CLO newsletters 3) Organize activities for the community 4) Work with the CLO team to conduct CLO daily work. 5) Provide language help to American families.
Interns will receive mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. Please visit CLO Program for further information: Community Liaison Office Program - United States Department of State
Qualification requiredApplicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Must be currently enrolled as a college/university student in Vietnam.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
- Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
Additional selection criteria
- Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
- All Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning Foreign National Student Intern Program (FSNIP).
- If selected, the student must be able to obtain and hold the medical and security certification from the Consulate.
- The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
- There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
- There will be NO compensation or payment.
How to ApplyTo be considered for the FNSIP, each applicant must submit the following:
- Statement of interest (Attached).
- Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
- Official transcripts illustrating good academic standing.
- Written permission from the educational institution.
- A copy of ID card and student card.
- Any additional documents (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Where to ApplyManagement Office
E-mail Address: HCMCRecruiment@state.govKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)